1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Anybody wants a remake of vBGuild (plus others)?

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by tyteen4a03, Apr 13, 2013.

1. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

My site is a gaming site so I will definitely be making one for my site. Besides being a roster, I also plan on making this system a full-fledged clan management system - with clan memberships (micro-usergroups that can be turned to full-fledged usergroup at any time, or just rely on usergroups), run reporting, linkage to other addons (especially [bd] Medals).

I'm wondering if anybody will use/pay for this system.

2. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I could possibly see a use depending on how it's implemented really ... will it be aimed at role-playing type games, e.g. WoW, or be a more 'generic' sort of one? We're more into FPS games, but do have a few interested in others.

As for as paying for it, depends really on how it's implemented and how much ya want :p :).

3. tyteen4a03

It will be generic. You can add any field to the character listing (I hope I can steal XenForo's option system for this).

CFodder likes this.
  4. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Certainly sounds like something we could be interested in then :).

5. suppy

suppy Member

Sounds promising.. I moved away from webspell some years ago and really miss their clan features.
    Yes willing to pay if your clan management system is implemented well..

6. Ryu

Ryu Member

Can you explain a little more of what this would do?

I'm looking for an add-on that would allow users to create a Team and add other registered users to that team. Once that's complete and working, I'd want to have the ability for a Team to join/register for an Event or Tournament, and would hope to build additional items on after that.

Should also add that I have a fairly healthy budget towards this end goal and would be willing to buy/support an add-on that could accomplish it.

-Ryu

7. tyteen4a03

Currently it's more of a roster thing, but I can see this being implemented once I got the basic design working.

8. Ryu

Ryu Member

Are you actively working on it?

-Ryu

9. tyteen4a03

I currently have other free and paid projects and SATs on hand, so this is one of my summer projects.

10. Ryu

Ryu Member

If I could code worth a crap, I'd help get you a headstart.

-Ryu

11. denisx04

denisx04 Active Member

I would use this, if its pricey though, no thanks.

12. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Active Member

did this ever manage to get off the ground

13. tyteen4a03

Unfortunately no. My forum didn't take off so I never coded it.

14. Maxxamillion

Maxxamillion Active Member

thats a shame :(