Say, I want to post new entries with images and categorize them. For example
Now, when displaying them on the front page, I want to have each group shows up in their own area in their own way. For example
- News - thumbnails, larger size, 5 of them with little headline text
- 2D - thumbnails only, smaller size, 10 of them
- 3D - thumbnails only, same size as 2D, 10 of them
- Tutorials - thumbnails and teaser, like ordinary blog posts
Will wordpress be able to do this? To be a little more specific
- Is it possible at all to tell wordpress to display certain category in a certain area of the front page? For example area A shows category 1, area B show category 2? I'm under impression that, if wordpress is able to do that, the rest would be up to me to prepare templates to display them the way I want?
- Does wordpress create thumbnails automatically?
- How much control do we have over the thumbnails? Can we choose which images will become thumbnails? Or manually add thumbnails ourselves?
- Can I have different thumbnail size for different category?
Any advice appreciate