XF 1.5 Any way to issue a timed sub-forum ban?

CTXMedia

Does anyone know how to - or know of a resource that can - issue a temporary timed sub-forum ban for say 24 or 48 hours?

I have a sub-forum that gets very heated and I'd like to be able to "sin bin" individuals who get too carried away and exclude them from only that specific sub-forum for a short time - with the software taking care of the ban expiry / re-entry (as opposed to having to go into the ACP and do it manually with usergroups).

Thanks,
Shaun

You could do this by creating a warning. The warning could have say 1 point set to expire after 1 or 2 days. In the warning setup, add them to a sin-bin user group (which you'll need to create). Then in the nodes you don't want this group to access you'd need to revoke permissions.

Moderators can then issue this warning from the front end to anyone as required and it'll auto expire after the set period.

You could do this by creating a warning. The warning could have say 1 point set to expire after 1 or 2 days. In the warning setup, add them to a sin-bin user group (which you'll need to create). Then in the nodes you don't want this group to access you'd need to revoke permissions.

Moderators can then issue this warning from the front end to anyone as required and it'll auto expire after the set period.

Excellent - thanks Martok - I'd forgotten you could do that with warnings - great suggestion. (y)

Top Bottom