As designed Any way to disable shortcut keys that use Shift?

SirMoogle

Affected version
XenForo 2
I participate on several forums that use XenForo 2, and I tend to use the keyboard combination "Shift+7" to move to the top of the page. Sometimes, the combination triggers a click on the floating header (usually the Discord link). Is there a way to turn this off? It's an annoyance.

You're probably going to need provide more context and explicit examples. When I press Shift + 7 on various parts of the interface, nothing happens.

I'm afraid I'm not sure how much more I can give, as I'm not sure what the exact trigger is; sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It appears to be a shortcut key combination for the header bar (e.g., Home, Forums, What's New, etc. on this site). On sites like Enworld.org and Final Fantasy Forums, the discord link is the seventh item in the header bar. I once pressed Shift+3 on Enworld and got taken to its wiki page.

No problems here.

Does the same issue happen on this site?
If not, it's going to be due to custom code running on those sites.

I'm afraid I'm not sure how much more I can give
Information such as the browser and operating system you’re using would be helpful. Also, how do you have Shift + 7 mapped to scroll up? That may be relevant. This sounds a lot like your browser or accessibility software mapping 7 to the seventh link on the page, or something like that.

I finally narrowed it down, and it occurs on this forum too. It happens when I press a number key (either on the tenkey or in the row) by itself. For example, pressing "5" when not in a text field will open the drop down menu for "Resources" on the header bar (the fifth item).

It doesn't happen when holding Shift, right? If it does, which browser?
I'm using Chrome. The reason why it sometimes happens is because my finger would linger a little longer on the number key after releasing Shift.
There isn't a way to disable keyboard shortcuts at the moment but there's an open suggestion here.
Ah, that's unfortunate. I hope it becomes an option that can be toggled in user preferences.

Top Bottom