• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Any one imported VB?

Sagar

I see couple of people reporting errors on importer. Just wanted to check if there is any one who has successfully imported VB

moody

i imported my vbulletin 4.0.7 without errors, just the attachments i lost.
however there is a way to fix that.

check my forum if you want

Ruven

We imported vB4 fine, but since its just a test forum we left out posts and threads, instead we just imported PM's, users, profile messages, forums, etc...
Our DB is huge, a full import would take hours.

wii

Ok, one feature is not working after the import:

Profile > Information > Find all threads by wii

Doesn't show any results, even though there are many threads started by me.

Other than this, the board is working 100%

Andy.N

I only got problem with import PM from 3.8.6.
Everything else imported fine.
And you need to rebuild the search after import.

Tigratrus

I've been grinding through an import on our testbed, but it keeps choking on the user table with a deadlock error. If I hit the browser back button it seems to pick back up where it left off, but I'm worried that it may be missing records. If you have a largish User table (we're at about 160K records) expect it to take a looooooong time to import. We also had to make the tweak to the vbulletin.php that sneakydave posted in order to get the user import to function.

Tim

My import on an old forum I use for testing now went well... except the "join date" under my account indicates the date that I installed xenForo... every one else's info looks fine. And the attachments issue, imported from a vb 4.0.7 board.

Other then this, it went very smooth.

steven s

Nope. Did not import all my forums or private messages.
Since it's hung up on forums I don't know if it will import threads.
I'm stuck.