Any Mod Rewrite Experts out there

mrb1972

Not really a direct xenforo question but its kind of related - I dont really understand mod rewrites that well so this may not be possible.

I have converted some wordpress blogs into the LNblog addon that's available on here, when I switch to xenforo do you think it would be possible to redirect the old urls to the LNblog ones.

Wordpress URL: www.mywebsite.com/can_i_rewrite_this_url/2596/
LNBlog URL:www.mywebsite.com/entries/can_i_rewrite_this_url.2596/

Is this possible or a bit more complex to do?

thanks in advance

Thanks for that, I will give that I try.. however would that also effect the VB4 to Xenfo redirects I would need in place for the forum

If it's in the same directory then it might affect it, yes. It depends on what format of vB4 URLs you were using. If the URLs don't share the same format then the rewrite rules won't conflict.

If it's in the same directory then it might affect it, yes. It depends on what format of vB4 URLs you were using. If the URLs don't share the same format then the rewrite rules won't conflict.

Well I am actually using the VB4+VBSEO so I will try and get those working first, once its ok I will try the above and see if it conflicts... thanks for your advice

Something like this:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ([a-zA-Z0-9_]+)/([0-9]+)/ /entries/$1.$2/ [NC,R=301,L]

Thanks for this Jake, finally got around to testing it, it does work to some degree but breaks alot of the VB4+VBSEO rewrites - if any one can help that would be great as im pulling my hair out ;)

I would have to take a look. I need examples of conflicting URLs, and I need to see what other rewrite rules you have. If you are comfortable giving me FTP access to your server then I can take a look.

Top Bottom