Any command and conquer fans?

I've played every C&C game and expansion ever made except for the C&C Generals series. Can't say I care much for the recent games though, they're too much the usual EA games.

It's come a long way since I first started playing it ... and whilst I'd love to give it a try, I expect I'd suddenly start losing whole chunks of a week and never get any work done. :LOL:

Same, ive lost hours days weeks in a row on some of the older games.

I've played every C&C game and expansion ever made except for the C&C Generals series. Can't say I care much for the recent games though, they're too much the usual EA games.

Everything from the original command and conquer > generals zero hour was pure gold because it was all made by Westwood studios. So CNC, Tibsun (I still think the campeign in this game has yet to be rivaled by any other RTS since), Firestorm, Red Alert + Expacs, Red Alert 2 + YR (Great fun) Generals + ZH.

CnC 3 was a bit of a flop, though KW made the multiplayer fun again.

RA3 and CNC4.... well... I just pretend those games never happened.

I loved the original Generals and played it for years after it was released. I would scour the fan sites for good fan maps and play them over and over. C&C 3 was good too - genuinely difficult.

I was very disappointed with Red Alert 3 - thought it was stupid and not fun at all.

Based on reviews of the way they changed the game play in C&C 4, I didn't even bother buying it - I gave up on the franchise.

If the can make Generals play like the original did, I'd be very interested in trying it.

Same, ive lost hours days weeks in a row on some of the older games.

Everything from the original command and conquer > generals zero hour was pure gold because it was all made by Westwood studios. So CNC, Tibsun (I still think the campeign in this game has yet to be rivaled by any other RTS since), Firestorm, Red Alert + Expacs, Red Alert 2 + YR (Great fun) Generals + ZH.

CnC 3 was a bit of a flop, though KW made the multiplayer fun again.

RA3 and CNC4.... well... I just pretend those games never happened.
That's not entirely fair, RA3 was pretty good and had some really good moments, plus multiplayer was quite fun. The expansion was also pretty good in its own right. C&C4 however was brutal. I was one of the beta testers of that game, and was on the hidden beta forum for it. There was soooo much feedback (mostly negative), and EA more or less said "sorry, we're all ready too far into the development, we're not really gonna change much." and that was that. One of the worst games I've ever seen.. sadly. :(

********it, just thinking about tibsun... gonna have to re-play it now!
I did really love Tiberian sun. Invisible units. The fire wall! Ooooh the fire wall. Sure, it had quite some "hey where did my harvester go" moments when you activated, but blocking a super weapon just before it hits you was priceless.

I did really love Tiberian sun. Invisible units. The fire wall! Ooooh the fire wall. Sure, it had quite some "hey where did my harvester go" moments when you activated, but blocking a super weapon just before it hits you was priceless.

Or abusing infinate firewall by turning it on, and then selling powerplants to put the generator "on hold" forever :D or using cliffs to bounce discs throwers discs halfway across the map :D

yup, got all the command & conquer games. A few 1 or 2 i didn't like but red alert being one of my favs and some others.

Last time I played any of the C&C was on a PC (and it was a blazing 486DX33). Been meaning to try the console versions, just never got around to it.

Heh, my first experience was playing it on a 386-SX40 (Cyrix, not sure Intel themselves ever pushed out a 40MHz 386 chip), ran surprisingly well actually.

Just went out and bought every ******* C&C title the local store had available.

/drooling over the keyboard.

Top Bottom