Any chance of reducing draft post retention to 12 or 6 hours on Xenforo.com?

CTXMedia

I know it's new and I like the draft post auto-save feature, but I don't really like my drafts following me around for a full 24 hours.

Would @Team XF consider reducing the time to 12 or 6 hours instead?

It should still serve its main purpose of retaining posts "in case of emergency / distraction" - but they'll be gone when I check-in the next day. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I know it's new and I like the draft post auto-save feature, but I don't really like my drafts following me around for a full 24 hours.

Would @Team XF consider reducing the time to 12 or 6 hours instead?

It should still serve its main purpose of retaining posts "in case of emergency / distraction" - but they'll be gone when I check-in the next day. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Wouldn't it be nice to have the @Staff tag automatically alert all staff? Just got the idea when you use the "@team" tag. Sorry for the off-topic post and agree this could possibly be lowered by half imo.

Edit: i've just tagged someone using that username sorry whoever you are.

OK, I misread your post (didn't realize the forum it was in. lol). I haven't actually seen it in action (yet), so I haven't noticed an issue with the time.

I think 12 hours would suffice for me. It's cool that a reply I typed earlier but didn't post is still there about 9 hours latter (even tho I logged out and went away from the page several times within that time).

Last edited:
All I can say is that mine will be set to 30-60 min. IMO the intended usage is for PC/phone crashes, not as a draft system.

I think 12 hours would suffice for me. I still find it amazing that a reply I typed earlier but didn't post is still there about 9 hours latter (even tho I logged out and went away from the page several times within that time).

I have the same problem. We definitively need a button to clean our personal draft.

ACP -> Options -> Messages -> [x] Save drafts as messages are being composed
  • Store drafts for X hours
  • Save drafts every X seconds
Looks like its a setting now (probably always has been, I do not believe I had looked at 1.2 with my previous post). However, the cron job would be the hourly clean up I am assuming.

Top Bottom