1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any chance of reducing draft post retention to 12 or 6 hours on Xenforo.com?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by CyclingTribe, Jun 5, 2013.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I know it's new and I like the draft post auto-save feature, but I don't really like my drafts following me around for a full 24 hours.

Would @Team XF consider reducing the time to 12 or 6 hours instead?

It should still serve its main purpose of retaining posts "in case of emergency / distraction" - but they'll be gone when I check-in the next day. (y)

Shaun :D
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Its a cron job, so you should be able to change it.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice to have the @Staff tag automatically alert all staff? Just got the idea when you use the "@team" tag. Sorry for the off-topic post and agree this could possibly be lowered by half imo.

Edit: i've just tagged someone using that username sorry whoever you are.
  4. Jeremy

But now that user has received an alert! lol
  5. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

All hail the new title editing feature - I forgot to put "on Xenforo.com" in the title.

Sorry, I intended it for this site. (y)
    Jeremy likes this.
  6. Shelley

I think Shaun means for here. I could be mistaken though.
    Jeremy and CyclingTribe like this.
  7. Jeremy

OK, I misread your post (didn't realize the forum it was in. lol). I haven't actually seen it in action (yet), so I haven't noticed an issue with the time.
  8. Shelley

yeah I nija edit you. :p I would have thought usernames like that would be off limits and censored on the username list in the admincp.
    Jeremy likes this.
  9. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I don't see any need to retain Saved Drafts for any longer than one hour.
    Biker likes this.
  10. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

I think 12 hours would suffice for me. It's cool that a reply I typed earlier but didn't post is still there about 9 hours latter (even tho I logged out and went away from the page several times within that time).
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  11. James

James Well-Known Member

I'd also like a choice to save drafts locally vs on the server.
  12. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

All I can say is that mine will be set to 30-60 min. IMO the intended usage is for PC/phone crashes, not as a draft system.
    AndyB likes this.
  13. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. We definitively need a button to clean our personal draft.
    James and AndyB like this.
  14. Mark3121

Mark3121 Well-Known Member

Do you know which cron job alters the time frame, I can't see it?

15. Jeremy

ACP -> Options -> Messages -> [x] Save drafts as messages are being composed
    • Store drafts for X hours
    • Save drafts every X seconds
    Looks like its a setting now (probably always has been, I do not believe I had looked at 1.2 with my previous post). However, the cron job would be the hourly clean up I am assuming.
    Tracy Perry, Shelley and Mark3121 like this.