Another forum owner considering Xenforo

hpidriver

Hello all, I am a forum owner currently running vB 3.8 and have been for some time now. As I contemplated whether or not I should upgrade to vb4, I started frequenting another forum that ran on Xenforo. I loved the user experience, and I knew Xenforo would be a better path than vB if I were to upgrade ever. (shout out to @Jake Bunce you were amazingly helpful back at vb)

I read through a few other threads from forum owners in similar situations so I have an idea of what to expect to gain and lose. Here are my main concerns:
- paid subscriptions (check)
- itrader ratings imported (3rd party plugin would do it?)
- importing my user's pictures that exist in vb albums and photopost (this seems best, yes? - http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-xengallery-xenforo-gallery.2076/)
- any recommendations for someone who can convert vb skins to Xenforo styles?

Any other pointers or tips you would like to share with me would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Thanks. I think I'll start off with XenCentral then. Was just worried that support was slow, seeing the last several posts in their discussion thread remarks about bugs and no reply from the developer yet. I guess a slow reply is better than no reply and nearly a year since XenTrader has been updated.

They answer faster via their ticket system and own support forum then they do here. I own 4 xenCentral products and all are rock solid. Anything by them, @Bob B or @Chris D you can count on the support always being there.

wow! I think it's a great use of xenzine, are you testing it or you choose CTA Portal?
I'm actually using @Brogan 's CTA Featured Threads and Portal system, now... Definitely recommend it tbh. His support is second to none and the ease of use is great!

The link you viewed the the site on is XenZine, but I've stopped that now.

Click here for CTA -
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-featured-threads-portal.2599/

The progress on my forum so far:
Http://apexonlineracing.com

This thread deserves an update...

I'm proud to say I recently made the switch over from vBulletin to Xenforo. (finally!)
The actual migration of data over to XF took several hours, this was with ~40k members, 36k threads, and 250k+ posts with many attachments and private messages.
The quality of Xenforo has surpassed all my expectations, my only regret is not migrating sooner. My users love love love all the features that come with XF. The responsive design is fantastic. Many thanks to @Russ for your beautiful styles. Also, thank you to all those who responded to my questions in this thread.
Not only was I able to find suitable replacements for all my old VB3 plugins, most of the XF plugins are simply better. @Waindigo thank you for all your great plugins! Also XenCentral Trading System was worth every converted penny. Their support has been prompt and helpful.

If you are like me, hanging onto your old vb3/vb4 forum, don't wait another day. Get Xenforo.

Top Bottom