Announcing BogBoys.com

TPerry

My third XenForo site is now online (just purchased my license and got my $10 discount!).
It is targeting the ever popular 4x4 mudding crowd. You WILL have to be careful what you type (don't put an "I" in place of the "O" - did that by mistake myself and am having to wash my eyes out with soap :eek:).

It's using the Casual style by @Russ as a base, and will be modified as I have some additional time. I will also be purchasing Xen Media Gallery by @Chris Deeming as soon as he gets the version with user albums enabled released. It's bare bones right now so I know it needs some work.

It's running 1.2 BETA 5 and is located at http://bogboys.com.

Nice enough style (unsure what your site is about) :P I think it could do with some enhancements here and there (nav trigger icon in breadcrumbs) I seriously can't make this out looks like an icon that should be in an editor (alignment icon). But overall the style looks okay but some enhancements to make it your own I feel is needed. :)

Nice enough style (unsure what your site is about) :p I think it could do with some enhancements here and there (nav trigger icon in breadcrumbs) I seriously can't make this out looks like an icon that should be in an editor (alignment icon). But overall the style looks okay but some enhancements to make it your own I feel is needed. :)
Yep, that's why I said it's still a basic setup.
And, you have to be a southern boy to know what it's about. 4x4 Trucks/All Terrain Vehicles + Mud = Southern boy fun. :p
I was going to work on it some tonight but haven't set the local site up yet and my ISP has been hit & miss all night long.
Blame that icon on @Russ :LOL:
I'm still working on fine-tuning it and may even just go with another style totally and do it instead (if I don't strike out and try one on my own).

Yep, that's why I said it's still a basic setup.
And, you have to be a southern boy to know what it's about. 4x4 Trucks/All Terrain Vehicles + Mud = Southern boy fun. :p
I was going to work on it some tonight but haven't set the local site up yet and my ISP has been hit & miss all night long.
Blame that icon on @Russ :LOL:
I'm still working on fine-tuning it and may even just go with another style totally and do it instead (if I don't strike out and try one on my own).

Ah nice one. I was just giving you that little extra push for you to start moving that butt of yours :P Look forward in seeing you improve upon it which I'm sure you'll do @Tracy Perry :)

The node icons..... ummm... how to put this.... they don't look like mud splashes, they look more like the bowl of my toilet after my other half has had a curry.... ;) It's the colour that's wrong I think.. it's not mud-like. Also, the logo doesn't work with the background image - one should be plain the other patterned, not both patterned as it makes it look too fussy.

Other than that, good luck! A friend of my other half's goes offroading in his 4x4 and thoroughly enjoys it :D

The node icons..... ummm... how to put this.... they don't look like mud splashes, they look more like the bowl of my toilet after my other half has had a curry.... ;) It's the colour that's wrong I think.. it's not mud-like. Also, the logo doesn't work with the background image - one should be plain the other patterned, not both patterned as it makes it look too fussy.

Other than that, good luck! A friend of my other half's goes offroading in his 4x4 and thoroughly enjoys it :D
I've got 2 ATV's and then access to my brothers Jeep Scrambler (we've already replaced the axles on it 3 times this year so far).
I've GOT to start playing with PhotoShop and learning it - but I enjoy the software/hardware side of this hobby much more than the graphics - that's probably because I'm mechanically inclined.

The only artistic inclination I have is being able to pick out clothes that look good on others - but I can't ever pick out anything that looks good on me. ;)

RE: the icons... you never been in one of those situations where in an ATV where you are about to leave those huh? :D What can I say.. they were named as "mud" icons - guess I wasn't specific in what mud I was referring to when I did the search?
I've had both ACL's replaced due to ATV accidents (this was after I retired from Patrol).
I've got a lot of work to do on it, and am probably drop the coin on a paid theme and start working on it instead of the free ones.

Last edited:
I've got 2 ATV's and then access to my brothers Jeep Scrambler (we've already replaced the axles on it 3 times this year so far).
I've GOT to start playing with PhotoShop and learning it - but I enjoy the software/hardware side of this hobby much more than the graphics - that's probably because I'm mechanically inclined.

The only artistic inclination I have is being able to pick out clothes that look good on others - but I can't ever pick out anything that looks good on me. ;)

RE: the icons... you never been in one of those situations where in an ATV where you are about to leave those huh? :D What can I say.. they were named as "mud" icons - guess I wasn't specific in what mud I was referring to when I did the search?
I've had both ACL's replaced due to ATV accidents (this was after I retired from Patrol).
I've got a lot of work to do on it, and am probably drop the coin on a paid theme and start working on it instead of the free ones.

I honestly don't think you need to go out and pay for another theme. The basis is there with the colours I think suit nicely but that is just my opinion and I'm sure with some work (don't let photoshop intimidate you) you'll get some suitable designed.

I'm a very... I don't know.. imaginative type. I like graphics and customization and all that jazz. I think your forum would look awesome with some dirt and mud effects. Splatter of muddy tire tracks; Spots of mud here and there on the forum layout; Mud dripping off the bottom of the forum graphics. I don't know, stuff like that. But again, I'm just a very visual person.

I'm a very... I don't know.. imaginative type. I like graphics and customization and all that jazz. I think your forum would look awesome with some dirt and mud effects. Splatter of muddy tire tracks; Spots of mud here and there on the forum layout; Mud dripping off the bottom of the forum graphics. I don't know, stuff like that. But again, I'm just a very visual person.
Yep - and was something I've been playing with in the back of my mind. Since these are hobby sites (including the other 2 forums I have spread across two dedicated servers and replicated to a third spare dedicated) I try to do most of the stuff myself since they bring no money in and my current outlay is approaching $325 a month. I have some pretty good input from some people that I just need to look at on integrating

It is targeting the ever popular 4x4 mudding crowd. You WILL have to be careful what you type (don't put an "I" in place of the "O" - did that by mistake myself and am having to wash my eyes out with soap :eek:).

What's so bad about BogBiys? :X3:

I like the site. The footer is a little hard to read, perhaps give it a background or make the text a little more readable (or maybe lack of readability is what you were after?)

Perhaps some node-specific icons would look good.

What's so bad about BogBiys? :X3:

I like the site. The footer is a little hard to read, perhaps give it a background or make the text a little more readable (or maybe lack of readability is what you were after?)

Perhaps some node-specific icons would look good.

Hehehe... just don't put it in the former instead of the latter vowel slot.
I noticed that. Once I put a graphic as the page background the Casual style footer blended in to well - I have the EXTRA.css code to take care of that (I like doing it there instead of SP)... just haven't gotten around to it yet as I'm not sure if that is the background I'm going to stick with.
Already have some node-specific icons in mind (off-road jack for the suspension, monster truck for the trucks, and a few more I'm collecting). Just haven't found what looks good yet. The look is still striking me as off and currently I'm not having as much time to devote to it as I would like. I've got 8 computers here at the house that I'm having to work on for two different client.
3 clean installs and the other are clean the installs - they have malware on them as the business did not take my initial recommendation to install protection and are about to find out it would have been cheaper to do initially what I suggested.

Trust me, I know how that goes to have to pay everything out of pocket. My oDesk profile alone has over $3,000 spent on services and that's all out of pocket and doesn't include PayPal payments.

I wish you the best of luck with your new site, grats on having 3 BTW. But the License discount is only $10? Blah, I thought it would have been more than that.

I always try to keep my outgoings to a minimum when it comes to my site (since it's a hobby) but it never pans out that way so definitely know how that one goes. I can only imagine the cost with multiple sites, add-ons etc would sky rocket.

@Tracy Perry a heads up, on my S3, your node icons are cut off and aren't displaying properly.

if I shrink the window from here though, they display correctly.

Here is the S3 view:

Screenshot_2013-07-11-19-21-47.webp

It may be you changed them and I haven't caught up though...

@Tracy Perry a heads up, on my S3, your node icons are cut off and aren't displaying properly.

if I shrink the window from here though, they display correctly.
It may be you changed them and I haven't caught up though...
That is probably the problem. The current one is this and displays on my iPhone 5 and iPad fine.
example.webp

I always try to keep my outgoings to a minimum when it comes to my site (since it's a hobby) but it never pans out that way so definitely know how that one goes. I can only imagine the cost with multiple sites, add-ons etc would sky rocket.
Ayup... just imagine - Notifications x 3, Xen Media Gallery x 3, Showcase x 2, Post Ratings x 3, and a couple of others.
The better half was commenting on how much I spent on my hobby - she has to quit now though since we just got her a new Volvo C70 as HER hobby. :love:

Ayup... just imagine - Notifications x 3, Xen Media Gallery x 3, Showcase x 2, Post Ratings x 3, and a couple of others.
The better half was commenting on how much I spent on my hobby - she has to quit now though since we just got her a new Volvo C70 as HER hobby. :love:

:eek: Christ. Your are dedicated. I can't talk I'm the same. I keep promising myself no more purchases but that never happens.

Top Bottom