Anime Forums (animeforums.net)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optic

Forum Name: Anime Forums
URL: http://animeforums.net

Anime Forums is a place where you can discuss anime (Japanese animated works) as well as Japanese culture. We also have a growing screenshot gallery, a collection of interesting fanworks and are aiming to expand with written episode guides and character profiles.

Though relatively small, it is my dream that we expand to reach other anime fans out there from around the world. :)

Any feedback and constructive critique would greatly be appreciated.

It looks good! :) I like the node icons, they feel like they belong there. lol.
The welcome image. Nice work on that! :D I dunno how you accomplished that, but nice work.

Thought I'd provide an update and a tour. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated. :)

Full-screen alternating backgrounds added thanks to the inbuilt backstretch feature in Pixelexit's Apex theme:
Screenshot 2015-02-16 08.38.07.webp

Added two new categories in our Gallery setup (powered by XFMG). Trimmed down the gallery sidebar by removing most of the blocks to make it more simple.

Our gallery is setup so albums are for dedicated anime character screenshot galleries (as they can contain hundreds of images per album):
Screenshot 2015-02-16 08.56.03.webp

And categories are for more broad areas, in this case, memes and renders which seem to make sense:
Screenshot 2015-02-16 08.57.56.webp

Our Fanworks section is powered by Bob's Showcase add-on. Here users can share any interesting anime fan art they've found on the web (we insist the original artist/source is listed) or can submit their own of course:
Screenshot 2015-02-16 09.01.37.webp

I am also using Showcase as an anime title listing of sorts, which is still a work in progress:
Screenshot 2015-02-16 09.04.16.webp

Reactions: Bob
Thanks to an exciting new update to the User Title Ladder by Waindigo add-on, we've implemented a level system based on post count for our community.

Progress bar appearing in a Widget Framework renderer:
progress-to-next-level.webp

Progress bar appearing in the postbit:
progress-bar-postbit.webp

The ranks of course are from the User Title Ladder:
user-title-ladder.webp

I believe this will help make the overall experience more fun and engaging for our members.

Last edited:
Hi Optic,

I actually am very glad that you pointed this addon, I was actually just looking for it. The forum is looking very smooth :) Good efforts

(p.s hope you remember me.)

Thanks to the thread being bumped, I just took a look and realised how great you have the anime showcasing set up, whilst I will not use it for anime, I can use it for my game and monster lists. Amazing idea and great site!

Thanks to the thread being bumped, I just took a look and realised how great you have the anime showcasing set up, whilst I will not use it for anime, I can use it for my game and monster lists. Amazing idea and great site!

I'm not a huge anime fan but I do enjoy some of the art. Might use this site to list my favorite images.

Yeah, I think Bob's add-on would work for our gaming forum, a lot easier than putting it into single threads :P

They are both extremely similar. I think UI.X looks slightly better though. I like how it doesn't extend the navigation bars to fill the width of the screen by default.

It takes a matter of seconds to adjust those and I am not a fan of UI.X at all, every forum I see using it just looks the same to me even with custom logos and colours.

Now do not get me wrong, it's an excellent product, the customization and how easy it is are excellent features but that is just my opinion and obviously not that of any others :p

Very nice for me, good customization.

By the way, this footer is an addon?

HiTlCjH.png

Providing an update. Moved away from Apex and using the Fusion Gamer framework now. Dark themes really make anime pictures sparkle.

XF 1.5 bringing in native tags has been a godsend for us, much easier to tag related threads to specific anime titles - and the added benefit that XFMG and Showcase (and other add-ons) using native tags makes it so valuable now.

xenforo-anime-forums.webp

Also utilising a thread covers add-on - adds a nice fun touch!

xenforo-anime-forums-1.webp
xenforo-anime-forums-2.webp

As always, any feedback is welcome. And of course if you're a fan of anime, you are very welcome to join the fun. :)

Looks great, but from my own experience, I believe that brighter themes work better for anime communities. I plan on releasing a dark theme in my own forum, but not as default.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom