Animated Avatars

Gabby

Ok so I checked a few posts on this and they are way over my head. Can anyone tell me how to allow my memberw to upload animated avatars? Hope it's easy and not a template or sever thingy. :confused: I;m hoping it's just a button I have to press. LOL

Thank you.

Frequently this is a problem with the ImageMagick used. I usually see this on a CentOS install (in fact, I've never had the problem on any of my Debian installs). Usually recompiling IM on the CentOS box resolves the problem.

If Debian/Ubuntu then you need to log in and assume root (or use sudo) and do an apt-get install imagemagick php5-imagick.
If centOS, it will depend on if you are running CentMin Mod or plain centOS.

We have a couple members with animated avatars - they only animate when they are clicked on. That option doesn't seem to be working anymore. Was there a change with the recent update?

@Poindexter The animation gets lost when they are resized. When they are clicked on, the full version gets displayed and thus the animation works correctly.

I've never had any luck with XenForo's ImageMagick implementation, but that could be down to some sort of bug in the ImageMagick package from the distro repos. However, I haven't had any issues when resizing gifs with it from the CLI, so I don't know.

It will be something in your setup, as if you use ImageMagick for resizing it will maintain the animation on a CentOS 6.6 box using @eva2000's CentMin Mod and using the latest version of XenForo, PHP 5.6.13 and nginx 1.9.5 mainline (with HTTP/2).

kpQ2lyK.gif

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 8.47.56 PM.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom