• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Animated avatars in thread view.

andrewkm

When clicking on users profile, you can see the animated .gif avatar should they have one.
However in thread view, there is no animation. Is there a way to enable the animation everywhere?

OUTL4W

acp>option>attachments>
scroll down to "Default Image Processor" and chooses "ImageMagick PECL Extension"...if you can't chooses it then you need pcel extension installed on server.

andrewkm

acp>option>attachments>
scroll down to "Default Image Processor" and chooses "ImageMagick PECL Extension"...if you can't chooses it then you need pcel extension installed on server.
My options show:

Seems blurred out, not sure if installed?
It's animating in the profile but not thread view.

Paul

I have the same issue. Any animated Gif that was uploaded a while ago works fine - Anything new that has been uploaded doesn't animate in threadview..

Interestingly i note that whilst my display shows the same as above, If i change to PHP built in, I cannot change back to Imagemagick PECL extension afterwards.

Jeremy P

My guess would be that imagick used to be installed but got removed, possibly during an upgrade. It's greyed out/disabled if XF can't detect its presence.

Last edited:

Paul

Yup - i agree :) I seem to remember I asked my hosts to upgrade PHP about 6 months ago - i suspect they upgraded and didnt include the extension - Therefore meaning that anything uploaded prior to 6 months ago works fine, however anything newer that has been uploaded cannot be resized by imagemagick, and therefore gets displayed as a static image...