And then I clicked the "Graphics" forum...

Andrew

For some of you that know me, you know that I am a decent web designer. I am the type of person that always try's to make everything custom. I just like to be original I suppose, or maybe I'm just stubborn. Though tonight I decided to be lazy and look and see what kind of image resources we had available on the forums... And then I clicked the "Graphics" forum and I was ABSOLUTELY blow away by what I saw!!!

I counted 76, yes 76 graphic submissions by Shelly. That's astounding!! I was so shocked I felt the need to publicly congratulate her for all the effort she has put into her works. As designers, and all artists, we often hold our works with high regard and often only sell them, and not just give it away. It takes loads and loads of time to learn Photoshop and it takes even more time to put great looking icons and other image resources together. And usually as I previously stated, you would be lucky to find image packs that are free and very high (professional) quality. Artist want to be compensated for their work much like FORD or (INSERT BRAND NAME HERE) want to be compensated for their said works/products.

Anyhow, I personally want to say THANK YOU SHELLY, for ALL your hard work and the pure unselfishness with all your submissions (kinda makes me wonder what you haven't submitted).
tongue.png

Seriously you have given way more than you have too and I think people need to recognize this. 76 submissions with more than 2 or 5 graphics in each submission is just wow... Keep up the great work Shelly, you have done very very nice things for XenForo and all it's members!!!!

-Andrew

P.S. I also want to thank everyone else on the forums for all their submissions, from forum styles, to addons, to template modifications, to the tutorial makers (really need you guys a lot) and also to the developers of XF. I appreciate all your hard work and I realize you don't get as much praise as you should. Maybe one day I'll make a thread for each and every one of you too. Ok no more "but" kissing from me for another 5 or 6 years (or until xf gold is released).
biggrin.png

Shelley's been rather prolific in her production and release of graphics for XenForo, and for that we are very grateful.

On a side note, I'm sure she'd be grateful in return if we all spelled her name correctly, with two e's, ie: Shelley :)

Thanks for the kind words Andrew it's very much appreciated. :)

Like yourself, I will only design then submit designed from scratch custom images and feel that we need to have a little uniqueness to enhance our forums/sites. I'm sure as time passes more designers will surface and release their fine works into the graphic database.

They'll be alot more graphic submissions posted as time permits. The better image packs are yet to come. ;)

I have to say Shelley is amazing, the quality and the quantity of brilliant FREE resources she generously gives the community is just astounding!!!

Take a bow my dear, you have earnt it!!!!
thankyou.gif

:: nods ::
I've been totally floored by Shelley's contributions too, I love her graphical style. It's so fresh and clean compared to what you generally see.
:: thumbs up ::

Shelley's been rather prolific in her production and release of graphics for XenForo, and for that we are very grateful.

On a side note, I'm sure she'd be grateful in return if we all spelled her name correctly, with two e's, ie: Shelley :)
Opps I am such a goof. Didn't mean to spell her name wrong haha. You live and learn I guess. hehe
tongue.png

Very nice of you Andrew to thank Shelley for her submissions. And I'm sure that the other graphics designers are glad to have been included, as well. ;)

I'm a big fan of your work Shelley as you already know. Kudos and thanks. :)

One does not simply learn photoshop, one becomes one with photoshop!

(side note, thanks Shelley for the effort you put in ;))

Top Bottom