1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Zanthor, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

Our site was up and running, http://www.ankenyikes.org, and now it's returning An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. and I've got no idea where to start troubleshooting... help!

The database seems to be available, can connect using phpmyadmin without problems.

2. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

Failed to get controller response and reroute to error handler (XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Error::actionErrorNotFound)
    An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /homepages/11/d498404132/htdocs/xen.ankenyikes.org/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Session.php at line 719
    5. XenForo_Session->getSessionFromSource() in XenForo/Session.php at line 429
    6. XenForo_Session->_setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 413
    7. XenForo_Session->start() in XenForo/Session.php at line 367
    8. XenForo_Session::startAdminSession() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php at line 48
    9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
    10. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
    11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /homepages/11/d498404132/htdocs/xen.ankenyikes.org/admin.php at line 13

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

4. Zanthor

Zanthor Member

Yea, my host is 1 and 1 and changing the php version to 5.5 fixed it... 1 and 1 has utterly failed in this regard!

Thanks.

5. bluepaw

bluepaw Member

Thanks for pointing that out. That article and the change to PHP 5.5 fixed my issue. Glad I checked here before rolling back to a former backup which would not have worked anyway based on root cause.