An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

RisteDimitrievski

This happens after i've installed addon from archive in admin panel.... Anything to resolve this?
error_log file located in forum's root is empty.
1664051496918.webp

Have you looked at the source code for the page when you got that? I think sometimes you can see an error that is shown in the source code, but not translated to HTML.

Have you looked at the source code for the page when you got that? I think sometimes you can see an error that is shown in the source code, but not translated to HTML.
It's just error code 500, which means server error.
But the funniest part was after trying to install BS Crypto currency payment gateway this shows. I've removed all of addon data via FTP but the problem exists.

Sometimes you may be surprised what also gets shown in the source code. And after dealing with Linux boxes for the last 3 decades, with over 15 years of that being directly related to setting up sites, I'm familiar with what a 500 error is...but that is NOT what your image reflected, now is it?
See, THIS is a typical 500 error code response page:

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 8.07.29 PM.webp

There was a reason I specifically asked that.

This error
1664153960828.png

doesn't tell you much... BUT, when you investigated the source code for the page, it showed you that it was an access denied error for the DB user.... something that you can clearly see is NOT given to you on the displayed error page.
Generally, when folks ask you a very specific question like that... there is a reason behind it.
But feel free to pursue it yourself.... the image that I showed took me about 5 minutes to fix their site... after they had been struggling for quite a while to do so themself.

Why would this happen?

Because there HAVE been cases in the past when an FTP program didn't successfully upload all the files?
It really depends on if you do a manual installation, or if you used the ACP to upload the files (which is generally more reliable).
Again, there are reasons that you are being asked certain questions... usually it's because whomever is asking them has seen issues with involving their specific line of question in the past.

But the funniest part was after trying to install BS Crypto currency payment gateway this shows. I've removed all of addon data via FTP but the problem exists.

If this happened after uploading some addon i suggest to disable all addons by adding this code in config file.

PHP:
 $config['enableListeners'] = false;

And see if problem gone then try to delete last addons your install one by one.

Sometimes you may be surprised what also gets shown in the source code. And after dealing with Linux boxes for the last 3 decades, with over 15 years of that being directly related to setting up sites, I'm familiar with what a 500 error is...but that is NOT what your image reflected, now is it?
See, THIS is a typical 500 error code response page:

View attachment 273889

There was a reason I specifically asked that.

This error
View attachment 273887

doesn't tell you much... BUT, when you investigated the source code for the page, it showed you that it was an access denied error for the DB user.... something that you can clearly see is NOT given to you on the displayed error page.
Generally, when folks ask you a very specific question like that... there is a reason behind it.
But feel free to pursue it yourself.... the image that I showed took me about 5 minutes to fix their site... after they had been struggling for quite a while to do so themself.

Because there HAVE been cases in the past when an FTP program didn't successfully upload all the files?
It really depends on if you do a manual installation, or if you used the ACP to upload the files (which is generally more reliable).
Again, there are reasons that you are being asked certain questions... usually it's because whomever is asking them has seen issues with involving their specific line of question in the past.
I looked at console, which shown error 500.

I know what 500 errors looks like, but if you're trying to send Ajax request and get some error, the error code and message are displayed in console.

Top Bottom