1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by omoe, May 12, 2014.

1. omoe

omoe Member

Hi , When people try to register to my forums they get this error , An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

page source
    Code:
    An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.
    <!-- Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away -->
    They can still register fine using FaceBook , Google or Twitter though , I have a VPS with 6GP rams and 4 Cores , Currently i have 30,000 members registered since i started the forum 2 weeks ago , Average users online is 200-750 , Other than the registration problem everything is working fine , I tried File Health Check and there was no problem with the files , Any suggestions ?.

2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/troubleshooting-faq-frequent-problems-solutions.62138/

3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

To add to @Andrej's post... are you using any add-ons that filter/monitor new registrations (anti-spam, etc).... and are they the latest versions?
    Does this occur if said add-ons are disabled?

4. omoe

omoe Member

Disabling the Add-ons fixed the problem thank you very much! , I know this isnt related to the first post but i have a question about the database , My database size is currently 120MB , But its growing really fast , How large is too large for a database ?.

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

When you run out of storage. :LOL:

The size is not the restraining factor that you will run into... it will be your processing power/memory.

Try to figure out which add-on it was. There may be a bug in the code and I'm sure the add-on author would like to know about the problem.

6. EliteWhopper

EliteWhopper Member

For me it was Xenporta, help?

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you require help with an add-on, you will need to post in the dedicated discussion thread.

8. I think it might have something to do with your MySQL.

9. EliteWhopper

EliteWhopper Member

It wasn't, I got it fixed though. Sorry for bugging you guys.