Implemented An option to stop posts in a given forum from counting towards post count

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yes, I would need this for private forums which we purge from time to time. It makes sense to not count post in these.

Dont know if that has been requested yet but, I read in a post that the next release would be rc.. so this should something that should be implemented. Because its annoying when members on my forum try to increase their post count in the Off topic forums. Should be something simple to implement.

Dont know if that has been requested yet but, I read in a post that the next release would be rc.. so this should something that should be implemented. Because its annoying when members on my forum try to increase their post count in the Off topic forums. Should be something simple to implement.

Why are you posting this in Pre-Sales & Feedback? xD

Moved to suggestions.

I seem to recall this being mentioned previously, I'll see if I can find the thread/post.

In my opinion, something like this shouldn't be part of the core files/updates. An add on maybe?

While I understand your point about members running up their post count, as long as it's within the rules of your site, and they are offering you something useful in that category (off topic) why penalize the members?

Jamie

I would have posted it there, but I cant because I dont have the permissions to create a thread there. Looks like they removed the thread posting permissions there.
As far as I'm aware nothing has changed so I've flagged this to Mike/Kier on the off-chance that a recent change has affected something.

One reason for this feature is that a lot of us on the staff make a lot of behind-the-scenes posts in our staff area. I realized on my oldest forum (started in 1997), I probably made 25% of my posts in the staff area.

That and "game" threads are fun, but hardly contribute to the main topic of the forum. We've excluded those types of forum areas as well.

I just realised that Darkimmortal originally posted this suggestion so I have merged a later thread with it.

As a consequence, later posts now have more likes than the first post.

You know what to do people ;)

I'm quite surprised that this isn't already available. But that's perfectly acceptable because of the quality of the software already. Brown nosing aside, I wholeheartedly support this idea. Especially for forum game sections.

Top Bottom