Amy Winehouse found dead

I think it's time this thread was closed, some people are just looking for an argument from it.

Also, some people in this thread are addicted to the web and maybe it's time - they left it. But hold on a second, they can't because they're addicted to it 24/7. It's amazing what other type of addictions there are... :whistle:

I think it's time this thread was closed, some people are just looking for an argument from it.

Also, some people in this thread are addicted to the web and maybe it's time - they left it. But hold on a second, they can't because they're addicted to it 24/7. :whistle:
Yes, let's close this thread. Heaven forbid people have differing opinions in a discussion forum. :rolleyes:

Also, some people in this thread are addicted to the web and maybe it's time - they left it. But hold on a second, they can't because they're addicted to it 24/7. It's amazing what other type of addictions there are... :whistle:

Not like you're forced to read the thread at gunpoint. As simple as ignoring the thread in the What's New list (y).

There is difference between a web addiction and then there is a difference between a drug addiction. You cant overdose on the internet.

There is difference between a web addiction and then there is a difference between a drug addiction. You cant overdose on the internet.

I never said you could overdose on the web (as an addict to it). But it sure as hell can effect your personal life and people around you, even break-up marriages with some people because of it, or stop them going out to work because they just want to spend all day on it doing nothing else.

There are many different forms of addiction, that's my point. But some just don't see that?

In that case then you missed my whole point, no use me trying the explain it, if you can see it for yourself reading this thread. This thread is pure trash!

If the facts are too overwhelming to read Mrgtb then you might be best migrating to the harry potter thread. :X3:

There are reports of people in Korea dying after being on the Internet for 72+ hours without sleep, because they were addicted to it, gaming too long, or otherwise failing.

There are reports of people in Korea dying after being on the Internet for 72+ hours without sleep, because they were addicted to it, gaming too long, or otherwise failing.
Then that is there choice. I spend most of my waking life online. However, I have enough common sense to go to sleep and not lose contact with my friends. I am just saying at the end of the day some addictions, if not all, are a choice. I am addicted to coca cola and soft drinks and I fully accept the responsibility that one day I may lose all my teeth. People who smoke choose to be addicted. People who spend 72+ on the internet choose to be addicted, people who take herion and crack choose to be addicted. I am not heartless. I have experienced first hand what its like for someone to be addicted on drugs and alchol. I spent 3 years of my life in hostels where I was exposed to alcholics and drug takers. I have seen women go out to sell themselves to get there next fix. I have seen woman at the bottom of the heap.

I was shocked when it was announced that Amy was dead, but not as shocked to find out that 90+ people lost there lives through no fault of there own.

When you first take that sip of alchol or inject that needle you know there is a chance you could get addicted. Everyone has a choice. No one forced Amy to take the drugs.

Of course we have no idea of her real childhood, but thats not allways an accountable excuse. I had a hard childhood, but have never took drugs and am completely teetotal.

But the thing is this, as sad as it was what happened in Norway. Which it is! What on earth as that got to do with the death of Amy Winehouse? So should we now compare how many people died in the Japan earthquake next, to how many did in Norway as a comparison to belittle that one? Because they had no choice in the matter either you know.

And soon that will be replaced by news about the next married football player found sleeping in bed with a young woman half his age. That's news for you, it changes daily.

Then that is there choice. I spend most of my waking life online. However, I have enough common sense to go to sleep and not lose contact with my friends. I am just saying at the end of the day some addictions, if not all, are a choice. I am addicted to coca cola and soft drinks and I fully accept the responsibility that one day I may lose all my teeth. People who smoke choose to be addicted. People who spend 72+ on the internet choose to be addicted, people who take herion and crack choose to be addicted. I am not heartless. I have experienced first hand what its like for someone to be addicted on drugs and alchol. I spent 3 years of my life in hostels where I was exposed to alcholics and drug takers. I have seen women go out to sell themselves to get there next fix. I have seen woman at the bottom of the heap.

I was shocked when it was announced that Amy was dead, but not as shocked to find out that 90+ people lost there lives through no fault of there own.

When you first take that sip of alchol or inject that needle you know there is a chance you could get addicted. Everyone has a choice. No one forced Amy to take the drugs.

Of course we have no idea of her real childhood, but thats not allways an accountable excuse. I had a hard childhood, but have never took drugs and am completely teetotal.

The concept of "addiction" is like WHOOZ with you, it seems.

Still not making sense.
I know what addiction is. I have experienced it and openly admit I have a few. Heck I am addicted to Doctor Who. That isnt going to kill me though (unless they cancel the show :D).
All of my friends are smokers. They all admit its an addiction.

Top Bottom