1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Subscription Payments

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by digitalpoint, Jun 18, 2014.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

2. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

What are their fees like? I read through it quickly but didn't see mention of it.
  3. digitalpoint

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What are the odds...
    SneakyDave and Daniel Hood like this.
  5. digitalpoint

Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

What is international transaction as defined by Paypal? Is it for anytime where the billing address of the CC used is oversea?
  8. digitalpoint

No, I think it's just the country that the PatPal account was opened in.
  9. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Then if they don't have a PP account, but just pay with a credit card issued by China, for example, would that be international transaction?
  10. CentOS 6

CentOS 6 Member

11. digitalpoint

Not sure... I would assume so.
  12. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

Me too!

More and more users of my websites refuse to open an account with paypal to pay for permium memberships or donations. Also more and more user do not want to use their credit card on the internet because of security risks.

Amazon is a very good solution because many/most users do have an account with Amazon alreadyand then they can pay with banktransfer without putting again new bank details into a new service provider account.

Also the reputation of Amazon is excellent. Nobody fears that their data is not protected there...

I do not care about costs or fees I have to pay to a PayPal alternative, as long as I get the users, which I otherwsie would not get at all. A small part of something is still better than nothing!
  13. CentOS 6

CentOS 6 Member

14. snoopy5

so as far as I understoood this addon, after I pay 100 USD, I can offer my user both, paypal and amazon payments at the same time and no recurring subscription started woth paypal in the past will break?

If yes and all future updates for future XF version would be free, I would be willing to fund this with others together if more people are interested. Please post here, if you would like to join the funding.
  15. snoopy5

I made a posting in th addon thread.

In 2014 xfrocks tstaed that this amazon payment is already in development. So someone has funded this already obviously. But I can not see that option in the adon description. So I posted that question over on the addon thread:

Please join, if you are interested in that option.
  16. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

We will also like to see Amazon implemented.
  17. snoopy5

Great. If we all put together the money, then it is really not that expensive per head. Maybe we find 5-10 people. That would make 10-2o USD for each one.

Sounds reasonable for the benefit of having Amazon Payments integrated...
  18. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

19. ozzy47

ozzy47 Well-Known Member