XF 1.3 Amazon Responsive Design?

upnet

I'm trying to add an amazon widget advertisement into ad_thread_view_below_content and it comes out too wide on a mobile browser. I tried to search for a responsive design from amazon but can't find one. Should I consider using the if's based on screen resolution to put out different sized banners? Anyone have any other solution for responsive design amazon widgets?

Anyone have any other solution for responsive design amazon widgets?

I use the api to build custom inline page stuff which once setup makes making custom responsive units that are populated with items that suit my needs easy to do which allows for complete control of what shows where and how it is included and once cached requires no external calls.

Hi EQNoble, thanks for response. That sounds like an ideal solution. I checked out the amazon api link you provided. However i dont see how to go about building custom inline page stuff?

Hi EQNoble, thanks for response. That sounds like an ideal solution. I checked out the amazon api link you provided. However i dont see how to go about building custom inline page stuff?
Nah you wont probably find much there, that is stuff they leave up to the consumers of the API since everyone has their own needs and really that is the whole point of it...a programmatic interface to get data so you can use it in your own templates and build your own application or whatever.

I don't however know exactly what you mean about 'inline page stuff' if you can clear that up for me.

I was quoting the first line of your reply. My goal is to put amazon associates widget ad at bottom of my forum threads. Ive found the template. Ive figured out how to put the code in. However because of responsive design the ad causes the screen problem (screenshot attached above) on mobile devices. Im looking to solve that problem.

Top Bottom