Add-on Amazon & Ebay Rewrite

Brent W

Anyone on xenForo not using Skimlinks or Viglinks and rewriting Amazon and eBay urls yourself? There was a vBulletin product that did this and I would like to have the same functionality on xenForo.

Can someone confirm if URLRewriter still works properly on XenForo 1.2 and above? We're currently still on XenForo 1.1.2 but will be upgrading to XenForo 1.2/1.3 in the near future. This is an essential add-on that we need to continue using.

Anyone on xenForo not using Skimlinks or Viglinks and rewriting Amazon and eBay urls yourself? There was a vBulletin product that did this and I would like to have the same functionality on xenForo.
I made a newer version of my amazon bbcode for someone which catches all amazon.TLD links, caches them and gives you the choice to embed them as a full item display, just an image as a link, just item text as a link and also just rewriting the link itself.

Anyone interested can start a convo with me.

URLRewriter does not work on XF 1.3 with Link proxy enabled.

Is it possible to disable link proxy? I'm not quite sure what link proxy does so this may or may not be wise.

We'd just like to update our board soon to 1.3, but having our own affiliate urls for Amazon and eBay (without Viglink/Skimlinks) is essential. URLRewriter has worked for this task to date. We're open to other suggested add-ons though that will do the job.

Last edited:
I made a newer version of my amazon bbcode for someone which catches all amazon.TLD links, caches them and gives you the choice to embed them as a full item display, just an image as a link, just item text as a link and also just rewriting the link itself.

Anyone interested can start a convo with me.
I think I have the version you are talking about and it works well.

I think I have the version you are talking about and it works well.
I have updated it since then to include only the link rewrite as well. I have also since then decided to only release it privately through individual agreements since my time has been quite short lately and I need to justify my time spent somehow.

Since you sent me a donation some time back you are more than welcome to the next update when I do package it up. If you would like me to send you a convo with a link to it just let me know.

Thanks for the compliment.

I have updated it since then to include only the link rewrite as well. I have also since then decided to only release it privately through individual agreements since my time has been quite short lately and I need to justify my time spent somehow.

Since you sent me a donation some time back you are more than welcome to the next update when I do package it up. If you would like me to send you a convo with a link to it just let me know.

Thanks for the compliment.
Sounds good. My site is doing pretty well so I could probably afford to donate some more if further development is required.

Top Bottom