Not planned "Always" permission

shawn

We have a "never" permission setting... why not an "always" one? Would be handy for setting up Super Admin/Super Moderator permissions across private nodes, etc. Put it over next to the "never" one with a similar warning.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Which one would take precedence?

One or the other would have to be renamed from Never or Always as both of them can't be correct simultaneously.

This'd create so many problems with people who set Always permissions and then wonder why their new permissions don't take effect - because they have an Always set.

I'd personally prefer to just set my permissions up right first time and not worry about "If I add user X to usergroup Y, will there be any Always permissions that I can't override?"

As Brogan said, this would lead to impossible situations. The "Never" situation means that you can only end up with fewer permissions than you expect, rather than granting things you don't expect, which is potentially much worse.

Ugh.... I've got to work out the proper implementation now, too? ;) I started to think that the last field could just be an always/never toggle, but that wouldn't necessarily work with nested usergroup permissions.

Bottom line... not sure. But practically speaking, it's a real pain to have to have to add global moderator permissions into private forums. Maybe there's a better way of accomplishing the same thing.

Top Bottom