Duplicate Alt + Left shortcut

Shinjiru

Dear XenForo developers, I have a new feature-request to improve the usibility of XenForo. I’d like to explain the new feature in a little story. Well this is a little story, but mainly I write long postings using my mac. Where there’s a long text there are corrections. So I use some keyboard shortcuts to navigate through the text. My favourite shortcut is ALT + Left/Right, with it I can skip words. The next button to ALT is CMD and with CMD + Left/Right you can navigate to the previous / next page. (On Windows PCs there are similar shortcuts, Ctrl + Left / Right to navigate through words and ALT + Left / Right to navigate in the Browser.)

Now please imagine this situation. You wrote a XenForo posting, but before committing it, you’d like to change a word, so you navigate to it using your keyboard. But instead of using the Alt + Left shortcut, you use CMD + Left. So your browser goes back and the whole text you wrote is history.

That’s why I’d like to suggest a new feature - a feature I already saw on some other boards. To prevent the loss of the text, the browser sends the text to the server (through an ajax call) if it was changed every 15 seconds , so it is stored on the remote site. So the Text can be restored to the textarea, when the user come back or the text can appear in the navigation, just like in MS Word and unsaved documents – I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.

So that’s my feature suggestion. I’t would be nice, if I can find this feature in one of the next versions of XenForo.

Regards

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You've posted in the feedback forum, rather than suggestions.

Nevertheless, this suggestion has already been made so I'll mark it as a duplicate.

Top Bottom