Not a bug Alphabetical and numerical ordering is illogical

Phife

I hope that this classifies as a bug report. I would also like to apologise in advance for the really bad explanation. The alphabetical and numerical ordering does not follow the logical method. For instance:

eb2720a7f1.png

The above order should have 'Gang 1' then 'Gang 2' however it has 'Gang 1', 'Gang 10' and then 'Gang 2'. It does not take into consideration the 0.

This is something very minor and does not break key features however it breaks the eye candy. XenForo is a very polished and amazing forum software. It's time to polish the small things - that we never notice but still matter.

Many thanks! :)

It's perfectly logical per alphabetical sorting.
The way to fix it is to put a leading zero in front of your gang numbers. i.e. Gang 01, Gang 02, Gang 03, etc.

Using natural sorting is not an option in many cases (where sorting happens in MySQL, for example).

This is generally expected and is how "dictionary" sorting works (character by character, 1 < 2 < 3 and so on). It's really the default sorting method for a computer so this is expected (though not exactly explicitly designed).

where sorting happens in MySQL, for example

Why not resorting the result set?

This is generally expected and is how "dictionary" sorting works (character by character, 1 < 2 < 3 and so on). It's really the default sorting method for a computer so this is expected (though not exactly explicitly designed).

I understand, but that doesn't make it "user friendly". After all, the human eye is different than computer sorting.

Top Bottom