1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Allowing members to edit their Custom Title after set amount of posts

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Cartier, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Cartier

Cartier Member

I was wondering if their was a way to allow Registered Members to automatically have the permission to edit their own Custom Titles after having reached a set amount of posts. (in this case 400 posts) Is this possible?
  2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Yes, just create a group promotion for members with > 400 posts, and for that group, set the permission for "Edit custom title:" to Allow
    Amaury likes this.
  3. Cartier

Cartier Member

I apologize for being so clueless, but how would I create a group promotion?
  4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Admin CP search for "User Group Promotions" or simply go to Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions.
  5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

ACP --> Users --> User Group Promotions --> + Create New Promotion

So you'd create your new Group (ie I have a Regular Members group for people with > 150 posts), and then in the New Promotion, choose the Add user to user groups:
    Cartier likes this.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I linked you the manual earlier for phrases.

I would recommend having a read through it, it covers most things.
    Cartier likes this.
  7. Cartier

Cartier Member

"Hint Hint" But ok, i'll read through it. I've been able to figure out a lot on my own so far, but sometimes the temptation to just ask here is too strong. :3 But thanks again for your help.
  8. Cartier

Cartier Member

Thank you Matt. I've got it now. :)