Lack of interest Allow voting on thread list

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I wasn't finished with my suggestion, as we can only make 1 suggestion per thread.

I was thinking of how reddit does it and it works pretty well. Also this suggestion was not directed to xenforo.com so how you guys do it in your suggestions forum is not related to this feature, but more so for us to have that ability.

Last edited:
Is that something we want to encourage?

Blindly voting (or downvoting where supported) for something that the user (potentially) hasn't actually read?
You could only offer the option once a user has viewed the first post of a particular thread.

You could also offer the option when the first post is shown in the thread list (e.g., forum_view_type_article).

On this forum I would say no, but I would like the option to be available. Just like on reddit not everything is a "text" post and only contains a title which most of the time is usually very descriptive and I vote from the list of posts rather than going into the post itself to vote.

On this forum I would say no, but I would like the option to be available. Just like on reddit not everything is a "text" post and only contains a title which most of the time is usually very descriptive and I vote from the list of posts rather than going into the post itself to vote.
That is exactly what I tried to say. XF can do what it wants here on XF, but I would like to have that option in general so we can activate it if we want it or not.

Top Bottom