XF 1.5 allow users to upload images or videos

secnam

Hi

Is there a way or how can i configure XF to allow members to upload a video file or image.

Or will i need to buy the media gallery.

thanks

Paul

Hi Brogan

Thank you for replying, one question is it better to host videos on youtube then url it in the post or host them myself and if i do host them myself will i get performance issues.

I have my own dedi server so that inst an issue just looking at getting it right first time.

Can you show me a media gallery demo where it is hosting videos locally and what are the steps a user would take to upload a video when creating a post please. I don't want to buy it and find out it isn't what i want.

What i am after is a user creates a post, files in some thread details then can upload an image or video all on the same screen and not bounce around different areas of the site to do things.

But the above the user has to move away from adding/uploading a video when posting, is there a way to let the user fill the new post details in then add it or will they have to create the post and then goto the media gallery to upload a video.

Adding media to the gallery and creating threads are two distinct separate actions.

Media can be embedded in posts using the media bb code.

ok, maybe i am not explaining it right.

What i am looking for is a user signs up, creates a new post on the forum, fills out the post title and details then has an option to upload a video that is then put in the post under the post details.

Is this possible?

Top Bottom