Allow users to log in with Facebook, or not?

kaieivindm

Hi all,

Just wondering if your forum allows for Facebook login or not?
If so, is it beneficial? Do you see increased userbase? Or is it simply to offer the users a choice to login?

Until now I have not allowed this, and removed the option to choose this.
But lately I have been thinking maybe thats not a good idea, maybe there are some potential users that actually prefer this.

Opionions?

Thanks!

People are lazy, if you give them option to register without thinking then they will use that option and so facebook integration works quite well (at least in my case).

Yes, it has marginal benefit for my community
This is what I am thinking as well... for my community.

People are lazy, if you give them option to register without thinking then they will use that option and so facebook integration works quite well (at least in my case).
But this, lazy, is quite true to very many I assume.

Question, if Facebook integration and login is enabled, is it possible to convert those users to regular "non-facebook" users afterwards?

Only thing I struggle with personally opening this option, is that users will then use real names, or is this something that can be handled another way? And let them choose username, even with registering with FB?

Question, if Facebook integration and login is enabled, is it possible to convert those users to regular "non-facebook" users afterwards?
I haven't tried that but I think they should be just fine, same with any other official integration available (google and twitter).

Only thing I struggle with personally opening this option, is that users will then use real names, or is this something that can be handled another way? And let them choose username, even with registering with FB?
Aren't people given a option to choose a new username?

You mean forcing them to use a new username? Whats the point of registering via Facebook then if you're not going to make the registration easy? :D

You mean forcing them to use a new username? Whats the point of registering via Facebook then if you're not going to make the registration easy? :D

Have the best from both places? ;)

I still need to convince my self if this is a good idea or not though :p thats the hardest job!

As long as you keep it down to social login, not social sharing, the measuarble influence should be thoroughly positive. Social sharing always depends on the target group of your website.

Last edited:
Top Bottom