RM 1.1 Allow Users to Edit Any Resource - Admin rollback?

MattH

Hi,

Still wrapping my head around this, so apologies if it seems basic. If I wanted to allow a wide usergroup to edit other peoples resources and for some reason they made some edits that weren't good, how would we resolve? Is there a simple change log with Admin options to revert?

I understand that mod all edits is an option also.

Thanks!

Really, the short answer is that you couldn't revert the changes programmatically. It would have to be done by hand (previous versions of text aren't stored in the RM).

Good to know thanks! So the safest way to ensure that a monkey with a typewritter didn't mess up all our resources would be to allow access to all but must have moderator approval for edits?

There generally isn't a moderator approval option for edits, so if you have concerns about abuse, you probably want something that is specifically designed to handle edits by a large number of people (like a wiki).

There generally isn't a moderator approval option for edits, so if you have concerns about abuse, you probably want something that is specifically designed to handle edits by a large number of people (like a wiki).

Thanks, good to know. The concern is finding a wiki that seems reliable... looking at the options I see most talk on here surrounding XenCarta or VaultWiki but neither of these are giving me a lot of confidence based what I can find on them.

Which wiki software seems to work best with Xenforo?

Top Bottom