XF 1.3 Allow users to close / mark their threads as resolved

jacko

I was wondering if there is an easy way to allow users close their threads with a very clear indication that the thread is "resolved". I want to use that for classifieds forum where users could mark their threads as "sold" with one easy click.

You could allow them to edit the titles and apply a prefix.

This is a simple solution, but we're finding it's not very effective ;) Teaching users how to apply a thread prefix to an edited thread is apparently too much trouble for folks who've sold their gear and don't care to take the time.

Is there any way to craft a link, such that when the user clicks on it, it applies a prefix to the thread being viewed (assuming they have permissions to go in and edit/change prefixes already)? I wonder...

There sure is a way to do that, but you'll need to create an addon for that and that would result in a bit more of work than you might want to take and requires a bit more knowledge of what you're doing than a "simple" template edit. Generally spoken you'll probably have to write your own callbacks for that.

Just curious.. Will they be able to edit the titles after an edit post time limit has been reached?
No. You will need an add-on for that such as User Essentials which allows you to separate Title and Post edit time limits. This allows the editing of thread titles even when the time limit for editing posts has expired.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if there is an easy way to allow users close their threads with a very clear indication that the thread is "resolved". I want to use that for classifieds forum where users could mark their threads as "sold" with one easy click.

This is a simple solution, but we're finding it's not very effective ;) Teaching users how to apply a thread prefix to an edited thread is apparently too much trouble for folks who've sold their gear and don't care to take the time.

Is there any way to craft a link, such that when the user clicks on it, it applies a prefix to the thread being viewed (assuming they have permissions to go in and edit/change prefixes already)? I wonder...

This can be achieved by using this add-on and renaming "marked as solved" as "marked as sold":

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/mark-threads-as-solved-by-waindigo.2891/

I took it a step further by adding the template on a widget and decorating the text "marked as sold" into a button. Also removed the template modifications by this addon.

Cheers.

Top Bottom