Allow Moderators to View Forum while board is Inactive

Allow Moderators to View Forum while board is Inactive

Atmazphere

Atmazphere submitted a new resource:

Allow Moderators to View Forum while board is Inactive - Allow those moderators to view the forum, even when you disable it!

I remember seeing a tutorial out there for XenForo 1.x but now with the release of Xenforo 2, I decided to make a refined version of it. You can view the XenForo 1 version on how to do this tutorial here.

This tutorial is not hard and I find this modification quite useful if you want your staff/forum moderators to be able to view the forum while you're working on it. Also...

Read more about this resource...

Nice work, it's not good for the method because when update your xenforo the modification will be removed. You must create extends for doesn't have problem ;)

@Atmazphere - I am getting this error in the admin -"src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php Unexpected contents" Should this be expected?

And thanks for this - it is super helpful!

@Atmazphere - I am getting this error in the admin -"src/XF/Pub/Controller/AbstractController.php Unexpected contents" Should this be expected?

And thanks for this - it is super helpful!
Hey there, thanks for checking this out. It’s throwing that error due to the file being modified. It’s nothing major, it’s really just a nusense seeing it. I’m going to be developing an add on for this shortly rather than an error popping up and having to change it every time you update. This is really only a temporary fix.

Hey there, thanks for checking this out. It’s throwing that error due to the file being modified. It’s nothing major, it’s really just a nusense seeing it. I’m going to be developing an add on for this shortly rather than an error popping up and having to change it every time you update. This is really only a temporary fix.

Ah ok, great thank you - I am looking forward to the add-on. Can you please post here when you add it the resources section?

Indeed. I started working on it, almost finished of it to be fair. I've been pretty busy with life, but I expect to get this done within the next few weeks when my schedule clears. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to apologize at all! This is great news. We have been using this on a regular basis as our forum is not yet public and will like to use it in the future so we are looking forward to this mod! :) Thanks for the quick reply!

For XF 2.1 change path from:
"You will now want to navigate to ~/src/Pub/Controller/ and open the file called"
to:
"You will now want to navigate to ~/src/XF/Pub/Controller/ and open the file called"

and:
Default Value: 0 (zero)
to:
Default Value:
false

HTH

Last edited:
For XF 2.1:
The add option button does not appear within the board active page after debug is turned on. It is now required that: $config['development']['enabled'] = true; be added to config.php.

Top Bottom