1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow Moderator to Modify Permissions

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Ghan_04, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Active Member

Here's what I'd like to do:

We have some plain moderators for forums, and we'd like to have a system so that registered users cannot post in such forums by default, but also have the ability for that forum's moderator to grant/revoke permission for registered users to post in the forum(s) they moderate.
    I have some coding experience and have done a few small things to Xenforo, but how to accomplish this escapes me completely. Any ideas?

2. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I have an add-on that should be able to do just this and will be releasing very shortly.

Essentially, the add-on (paid for by shawn) allows you to assign moderators to user groups and then allow members to request to join a user group. The moderators will then approve/deny this request and also have the option to revoke.

You would then just need to set up user groups that had the appropriate permissions.

Drop me a message, and I'll send you a sneak preview...