Allow moderator to create another node (subforum)

ddogg777

I have several private nodes or subforums and each one has its own moderator. Is there a way that the moderator can can create another node within that private subforum?

Groups & permissions
Add administrator by username (you don't have to add them to the group)
Select only the permission:

Manage options
Manage payment providers
Manage help
Manage reactions
Manage BB codes and smilies
Manage add-ons
Manage media gallery
Manage resources
Manage nodes
Manage threads and posts
Manage attached files
Manage tags
Manage notices
Manage users and moderators
Manage custom user fields
Manage trophies
Manage warnings
Manage bans
Manage user groups
Manage user upgrades
Manage styles, style properties, and templates
Manage languages and phrases
Manage advertising
Manage widgets
Manage navigation
Manage cron entries
Rebuild caches
View statistics
View logs
Import data
Upgrade XenForo
Use post content find / replace tool

But won't that make him an administrator over the entire forum. Is there a way to only make someone an administrator just for the subforum? Or did I miss something?

I am just hoping to allow the individual moderators of each subforum the ability to create categories/nodes to help organize the subforum but I don't want them to be able to manage the superforum.

Last edited:
The permission you want to add is an administrative duty. The way I posted is the way to add that permission. This person can then manage nodes. There is no way to set them to manage only one node. Only trusted people should be accessing your admincp anyway. You simply let them know which one they are in charge of and give them proper training. However it is not advised for those w/o admin experience, it sounds like something you could do.

Last edited:
Not sure if its really explained well enough, but in order to have access to admincp, you must be made an admininstrator. Just changing the secondary user group to administrative, doesn't help in that aspect. And in order to add nodes, you must be an administrator. I just wanted to verify that it was explained well. I kinda wished there was a way to give moderators access to certain areas in admin cp.

I think it would be very cool if each of the moderators in each subforum (potentially 100s) could create nodes in their respective subforum without having the ability to tank the entire node structure...

Top Bottom