Add-on Allow Members To Close Their Own Thread On A Per Forum Basis

trichome

A mod that does this and nothing else would be great for classifieds forums.

The only other option that might be worth complicating things would be to automatically move the closed threads to specified forum.

How much would this cost to develop?

It would cost around $30 hour depending on who you get to develop it. That's what I would charge and it seems to be the going rate around here.

Fortunately - I'm already working on this and I'll be releasing it as a free add-on in the resource manger this week! (hopefully tomorrow, but I'm away for a few days after that - so it'll probably be later in the week). So it won't cost you a thing!

But... if you're feeling nice - a donation would be appreciated :).

I'll let you know when I've released it.

(It won't be able to move threads automatically into a specified forum, but I may incorporate that in the future)

It would cost around $30 hour depending on who you get to develop it. That's what I would charge and it seems to be the going rate around here.

Fortunately - I'm already working on this and I'll be releasing it as a free add-on in the resource manger this week! (hopefully tomorrow, but I'm away for a few days after that - so it'll probably be later in the week). So it won't cost you a thing!

But... if you're feeling nice - a donation would be appreciated :).

I'll let you know when I've released it.

(It won't be able to move threads automatically into a specified forum, but I may incorporate that in the future)
If it works and works well I will be feeling nice. :D

The auto move feature isn't essential, especially if it complicates things. Simple and bulletproof is always better than complex with some holes in my book.

I was under the mistaken impression that this wasn't applicable on a per node basis. Should have done a bit more research.

A mod that does this and nothing else would be great for classifieds forums.
The only other option that might be worth complicating things would be to automatically move the closed threads to specified forum.
How much would this cost to develop?

I do this on my classified forums with standard functionality, no add-on. Just set the "Lock/Unlock own thread" permission on the forum/node for the appropriate user group(s).
This way I allow users to lock/close their own threads in my classifieds forums.

I do this on my classified forums with standard functionality, no add-on. Just set the "Lock/Unlock own thread" permission on the forum/node for the appropriate user group(s).
This way I allow users to lock/close their own threads in my classifieds forums.
That is actually a User Essentials permission ;)

With these addons, especially the ones that add/change a lot of basic functionality, what happens if they are removed after a lot of usage and or if related changes/additions are made to XenForo core? Is there potential for any serious conflicts?

I was under the mistaken impression that this wasn't applicable on a per node basis. Should have done a bit more research.

I didn't see that addon :p, It looks like it does work on a per node basis.
I'll still release mine though - which will only allow users to lock their own thread. (Unlock them as well with another permission)

That is actually a User Essentials permission ;)
:censored::oops::D
We'll there you go ... when an add-on is so well integrated and essential to your operation that you embarrassingly forget that it's an add-on, that must be the highest of praise .. yeah? Yeah, that will be my excuse. The lesson for the OP ... buy User Essentials. Do it, do it now. It's essential :)

:D That's funny. Nah, the real lesson is do your research before installing add-ons.
I'm sure the Topic Starter add-on is great and it's free which is always nice. It is also more specific to the OP's request.
And there is always room for another add-on that does a similar task, so shadrxninga's add-on will surely be most welcome by all.

Top Bottom