Allow editing ban reason in banned users list or user details

SeToY

Hey there,

it's currently rather cumbersome to edit a ban reason for a user that was banned a long time ago.

Reasons:
  • The banned users list does not allow searching
  • When searching for the user clicking on the "banned" link in the user details only allows to lift the ban, not to edit the ban itself

Cheers!

Upvote 8
Actually I just checked, this can be done even by using the member profile card in the front end. With the edit ban option.
I never knew this. I agree the acp should have the edit ban options as well, I have always lifted and re-added to fix anything (reason/length).

Voted.

EDIT: TBH I probably knew this and forgot. Not sure why it would be different but glad to discover it again.

Last edited:
I never knew this. I agree the acp should have the edit ban options as well, I have always lifted and re-added to fix anything (reason/length).

Voted.

EDIT: TBH I probably knew this and forgot. Not sure why it would be different but glad to discover it again.
You can do the same thing in the ACP, don't have to lift the ban. Just click the date and the calendar appears to change the date then click on save.

Maybe it's a bug then because if you permanently ban someone those options are only on the user profile and not in acp. In acp you see Never (just text) and there is no box for the reason, BUT on the user profile it is there.

Both of us always talked about the user details page in the Admin CP. What you're showing is not the user details page.

Edit: Couple of seconds late :D

Yup - and this ^ is when you click on "Banned" on the user details page. Because this is the only sane way to search for banned users as the banned users list does not allow searching. But you cannot edit the ban from within the Admin CP except when clicking on a ban in the banned users list. Which, I repeat myself again, is not searchable.

So, it would be nice to change "Lift Ban" on the actual member search page in acp to "Edit Ban" and have these options appear. That should be the suggestion. :)

So how many different places do you want to be able to do this? Isn't 2 places enough? I'm not arguing here, its just the only real issue is that you should be able to search the banned users in the ACP. But you can do all this in the front end.

So, it would be nice to change "Lift Ban" on the actual member search page in acp to "Edit Ban" and have these options appear. That should be the suggestion. :)
It might very well be the suggestion now. Has kind of evolved to it :D

Isn't 2 places enough?
It is. So an "easy" fix would be that the "Banned" text would not open the modal window but redirect to the mentioned "edit ban" page instead. Or display that page in the modal, dunno how modular this thing is.

I found this thread because I was unable to figure out where to see the ban reason for a user. I went to the ACP, looked at the banned users list (which is filled with spam bans), and of course, all one gets is an endless unsearchable list with no options. It's my opinion that on that page, every option to deal with users and bans should appear. I should not have to go searching around for what I think is one of the most basic functions relating to user bans.

I suggest added functionality for that page or failing that, that some smart person writes an add-on that actually makes it useful.

Last edited:
Agreed, if you have a huge list of banned members the Banned Users list is useless with NO option to search/find a user. If you choose to use the user search, the functionality to edit a ban changes.

Changes: Add same functionality to acp profile of user AND make the banned list searchable

I'd also like to see a filter enabled on that page that allows omitting standard spam bans. Don't care about those and they clutter the list needlessly.

Top Bottom