As designed  - "All Recent Messages" showing fewer threads than "Discussions Per Page" value

CTXMedia

I have Options > Threads, Discussions and Conversation > Discussions Per Page = 20

This works fine for What's New and displays 48 new messages (the first 20, then the page navigation, as designed).

However, when I click on All Recent Messages I get only 10 results.

Is this a bug or am I missing a control setting or "consider it new for x days" value somewhere?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Recent messages is defined to be all messages within the last period, regardless of read state. By default it's either 3 or 7 days. (This can be changed with a code modification or an extra parameter to the URL.)

Attempting to fill up the whole thing may cause performance issues in certain circumstances (or at least that's what I thought when I did it).

7 days is alot for xenforo.com
in other forums, 7 days might not have any posts.

I don't think Recent Messages should ever return zero threads.
It looks bad on lower traffic forums, especially for guests.

Attempting to fill up the whole thing may cause performance issues in certain circumstances (or at least that's what I thought when I did it).
Would this be true for large sites like xenforo.com but not so much for lower traffic forums (the majority of xenforo customers) ?

Ideally xenforo would know "How busy" a site is and adjust accordingly.

Thanks - I've adjusted the recent URL in the "find_new_threads" template and changed "recent=1" to "days=7" (as per Paul's example) and that's done the trick.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom