XF 1.1 All of the sudden, a MySQL error

Akela

All of the sudden, every page in my forum is giving the following error:
An exception occurred: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home1 ... /forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 333
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 315 Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection() in XenForo/Application.php at line 553 XenForo_Application->loadDb() in XenForo/Application.php at line 780 XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 810 XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 1098 XenForo_Application::getDb() in XenForo/Error.php at line 47 XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 295 XenForo_Application::handleException()
No one was working on the database or making any changes. Is this something I need to worry about or is this just my server acting up temporarily?

That error means the MySQL server was down. Maybe the server was being restarted. It's only a concern if the error persists in which case you need to contact your host. This is not a connection limit error.

Top Bottom