XF 2.2 All moderators see all reports?

MediaFolSupport

Hello, i have a sort of problem.
All my moderators can see all reported content from all section of the forum. Explain better:
We have many moderators, assigned to a specific section/nodes of the forum.
In the previous vbulletin, they could only see reported message about their section.
Now all them see all reported message from whatever section.

Of course i try to remove, then remake a moderator for try. And using the right moderator group assignment. (thinking that maybe something goes wrong douring migration from vbulletin to xenforo) but this not fix the problem. he continue to see reported message from all other nodes.
Immagine 2022-12-05 083947.webp

have i missing something?
Or is just xenforo working like this?
thanks.

You assign them as a super moderator, they get moderator privileges everywhere.
You can assign specific moderators to specific nodes (but doesn't appear you can several nodes at one time, just one node per name.
I think (didn't try it) you can assign multiple nodes to a moderator... just have to do it one at a time.

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 2.05.46 AM.png

They then show up like this

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 2.09.22 AM.png

As for seeing reported messages... that may be normal behavior. If it's not as you expect, you can always enter that issue into the bug reports area (as it does make sense that they would only see the ones they are moderators for). You will be told if that is as expected or not.. and if so, then you can then make a suggestion for it to be changed.

Hello, i have a sort of problem.
All my moderators can see all reported content from all section of the forum. Explain better:
We have many moderators, assigned to a specific section/nodes of the forum.
In the previous vbulletin, they could only see reported message about their section.
Now all them see all reported message from whatever section.

Of course i try to remove, then remake a moderator for try. And using the right moderator group assignment. (thinking that maybe something goes wrong douring migration from vbulletin to xenforo) but this not fix the problem. he continue to see reported message from all other nodes.
View attachment 277752

have i missing something?
Or is just xenforo working like this?
thanks.
You assign them as a super moderator, they get moderator privileges everywhere.
You can assign specific moderators to specific nodes (but doesn't appear you can several nodes at one time, just one node per name.

View attachment 277753

I think they are asking if it's normal for sectional forum moderators to be able to see reports involving reports outside that moderator's part of the site. I use @Xon add-ons that change the report area and include different queues, permission control, etc. So, I don't remember what the default behavior in xenForo is supposed to be, and I won't be in a position to check on a dev site for a few days.

I think they are asking if it's normal for sectional forum moderators to be able to see reports involving reports outside that moderator's part of the site. I use @Xon add-ons that change the report area and include different queues, permission control, etc. So, I don't remember what the default behavior in xenForo is supposed to be, and I won't be in a position to check on a dev site for a few days.
yeah... I modified my original reply... and my site doesn't suffer an over-abundance of stuff going into moderation.
From what gathered.. he wanted ONLY reports specific to the nodes that those moderators were assigned to show up for them.. and I don't think that's the normal behavior... but if it's not, it would make a great suggestion for improvement.

yeah... I modified my original reply... and my site doesn't suffer an over-abundance of stuff going into moderation.
From what gathered.. he wanted ONLY reports specific to the nodes that those moderators were assigned to show up.. and I don't think that's the normal behavior...

Fair.

but if it's not, it would make a great suggestion for improvement.

Strongly agree.

is exactly what you say.
I use moderation assignment like you show, yes. And all is showing correct like your screen.
But sems that xenforo report is showed for ALL moderators by default. stop.
I was hoping to avoid to install addon on the forum.
Anyway.... i try to write in the bug section. thanks.

All moderators can see all reported posts but can they manage all of them or only those related to their forums?
it doesn't seem to me to be a bug that moderators can see everything, after all they are moderators so they are part of the team, and what would be so secret to hide in the reports of the forums of which aren't they moderators? The main thing is that the moderator of forum A cannot intervene on a report from forum B for which he is not in charge from my point of view.

But maybe I'm wrong and it's a bug. ;)

Unfortunately I don't have a forum active enough to encounter this type of situation, so I have a question: are the reports visually different if they are manageable or not depending on the moderator?

I made a try a few minutes ago... i dont understand HOW a moderator can see those reports.
If i insert a user (Registered User) as Moderator by Group e Permission -> Staff -> Moderators (without using secondo or primary group) they only can moderate, no REPORT are shown, even if the report come from his specific node.
Tested now.

Top Bottom