All moderators seeing all reports

noxa

I'd like to have all moderators see all reports, no matter if they are their reports or not. So they will be able to discuss with other moderators when they got questions about what they shall do in these cases. that doesn't seem possible with standard xf right?

Are your moderators all global moderators? or just moderators in one or more specific forums/nodes?

we have both because lots of forums are not moderated. but in forums which are moderated, still everybody can join the discussion. it is the moderator deciding, but others can still leave their opinion.

1. Are you talking about reported posts? or warnings/infractions given by moderators?

2. Can you not set up a private forum/node available only to admins and moderators where moderators can ask and answer questions, or post about moderation issues that are unclear?

1) reports

2) that would be not very effective because report/report chat and these additional threads would be separate

This is a puzzle.

I know that on one of the forums I manage where reports are heavily used all moderators can see and respond to them, and they often have discussions about the best way to respond to the reported post. Most are global moderators but there is one forum moderator.

I just did a search to see where this permission is set and I can't find it. I don't see anywhere in moderator permissions to turn it on or off so I assume that all moderators should have the ability to review

There are no special addons being used there for reports other than one by @AndyB that autocloses open reports after a period of time but that doesn't affect permissions.

It's listed as a submenu under the Moderator forum on the front end so I assume all moderators should be able to view them.

Maybe someone else can chime in here?

In stock Xenforo, a moderator needs the "edit any post" or "delete any post" permissions on the reported posts.

If you want to grant view access via permissions without the explicit edit/delete any post permissions on the content, then my Report Improvements add-on implements a "View Post Report" permission which replaces how stock XF report permission handling works;

Top Bottom