Alexa Enhancer by xenCODE [Deleted]

Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes submitted a new resource:

Alexa Enhancer by xenCODE (version 1.0.0 Beta) - Enhances your site's Alexa Ranking

Introduction
What is Alexa?
Alexa Ranking is a kind of pare ranking same as 'Google Page Rank'. But it is highly inaccurate as you have to use their 'Site Widgets' or their toolbar so they can 'track' you.​
So why is it important?
It is important because most of the advertising agencies rely on Alexa Rank (for example,...​

Read more about this resource...

What is BSA?

'at least I made 100 times more from BSA than Google Adsense'

I rate well in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and a few other places....

But Alexa has never been good to me and I don't know anyone who uses it.... So I've not really cared much either. But whatever helps, right?!

Anyways, here is my before (see screen shot) and maybe a month or two from now, I'll post an after results.

Untitled.webp

But Alexa has never been good to me and I don't know anyone who uses it.... So I've not really cared much either. But whatever helps, right?!
well its because most of your members/visitors don't have the Alexa Bar installed and/or you haven't added the tracking code... anyways, its not totally foolproof, so I can't guarantee anything... but it worked for me... I would've posted a proof... but I had to close down the site a couple of months ago because of financial reasons :(

Alexa is flawed methodology and you should never focus on it, it's easy to manipulate and the "stats" it displays are a bunch of crap.

Too many people focus on their alexa rank more than their actual sites these days, and it is stupid.

Is this the piece of code you tried to get me to use, and then packaged into an add-on? :P

I used to have an alexa ranking that bounced in and out of the 100,000's US-wide and around 200,000 worldwide. Now that I've changed my domain name I feel like I'm starting all over again. I don't have the time to work on SEO like I did in the past so I hope this works.

Alexa doesn't matter anymore. Alexa mattered in 1998 when 90% of internet users used Internet Explorer (Alexa is built into IE). But now that the majority of internet users use a non-IE browser, their numbers are irrelevant. Think of it like Neilson families, only people who use IE are registered.

Much more people use Quantserve than Alexa these days... and even that market is small.

This addon is showing up on www.unshit.com in a negative way for some reason so I'm uninstalling it after the two weeks are over. The good thing is that I think it's working since it's already showing backlinks in alexa for my new domain which is brand-spanking new.

If you mean Quantcast,
Alexa doesn't matter anymore. Alexa mattered in 1998 when 90% of internet users used Internet Explorer (Alexa is built into IE). But now that the majority of internet users use a non-IE browser, their numbers are irrelevant. Think of it like Neilson families, only people who use IE are registered.

Much more people use Quantserve than Alexa these days... and even that market is small.
If you mean Quantcast, their numbers are utterly inaccurate on small or medium sites. They list unique users as less than a 20th what we really have (as confirmed with server logs and CloudFlare stats). How can any advertiser rely on bogus figures? And yes, we use their javascript, but it doesn't make the figures any more accurate. I pity the advertisers who believe that garbage as gospel.

That being said, I'm trying out this add-on to see if it does any good, as an experiment.

I think it's working. It's hard to tell cause I had to a domain name change and because I had to tell Google that I changed domains and resubmit a sitemap but I don't think my ranking would've risen back that high in that short of a timeframe. So I'm thinking it might partially be because of this addon. My brand new domain name was ranked around 6 Million world-wide around two weeks ago.
globe-sm.gif
Alexa Traffic Rank: 2,577,858
us.968591e0050981be9fa94bd2597afb48.png
Traffic Rank in US: 592,546

I think it's working. It's hard to tell cause I had to a domain name change and because I had to tell Google that I changed domains and resubmit a sitemap but I don't think my ranking would've risen back that high in that short of a timeframe. So I'm thinking it might partially be because of this addon. My brand new domain name was ranked around 6 Million world-wide around two weeks ago.
globe-sm.gif
Alexa Traffic Rank: 2,577,858
us.968591e0050981be9fa94bd2597afb48.png
Traffic Rank in US: 592,546
I rate well in Google, Bing, Yahoo, and a few other places....

Anyways, here is my before (see screen shot) and maybe a month or two from now, I'll post an after results.

View attachment 29305
yes... even TheVisitor's site's rank increased... :D

Has this worked for anyone else? Before installing this we went from a few million places to 500,000 but since installing it we're stuck around 500k and are no going backwards. This is despite the traffic being busier.

What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom