Alexa Enhancer by xenCODE [Deleted]

I'll give it a few more weeks but I've got the feeling it's hindering rather than helping. Things have just stood still since I installed it when before it was moving quite fast.

Has this worked for anyone else? Before installing this we went from a few million places to 500,000 but since installing it we're stuck around 500k and are no going backwards. This is despite the traffic being busier.

What am I doing wrong?
I think it takes Alexa some time to update sites that aren't under 100,000. I think Alexa is better with tracking when the sites are sub 5,000 or 1,000, I forget what I saw digitalpoint say about that.

I wish I would have been more active with sites like BSA and iSocket (especially iSocket since they have the API for DFP making it extremely easy to manage your direct ad sales) since at one point my site reached in the top 5k for US and top 12k for the world. I could have made a good chunk of change with them...oh well. Never too late to start I guess.

Has this worked for anyone else? Before installing this we went from a few million places to 500,000 but since installing it we're stuck around 500k and are no going backwards. This is despite the traffic being busier.

What am I doing wrong?
It may just be an experiment that doesn't work, that's all. No change here either.
You need to have a minimum of 1k page views a day if you want to see any change... This add-on does nothing more than adding Alexa's tracking code ;)

I think it takes Alexa some time to update sites that aren't under 100,000.
Negative, Alexa updates its database every 24 hours.

You need to have a minimum of 1k page views a day if you want to see any change... This add-on does nothing more than adding Alexa's tracking code ;)

We had 240k page views over the last month and we get an average of 7-8k page views a day but we're ranked at 650k.

When I installed this a couple of months ago we had an average of around 4k views a day and we were ranked at 500k.

We had 240k page views over the last month and we get an average of 7-8k page views a day but we're ranked at 650k.

When I installed this a couple of months ago we had an average of around 4k views a day and we were ranked at 500k.
do you use any kind of caching system and/or CDN?

Then I am not sure, sorry.

I was going over the variables in my head and I remembered that I installed XenCode around the same time that I 'claimed' my site's info page from Alexa. They sent me loads of paid option to increase the rank but I ignored them all.

Since then the site traffic has more than doubled but the Alexa rank has fallen by over 100k places. Do you think it's related and they are trying to encourage 'captive' users to pay??

Can anyone advise if this is working all ok in v1.2
3 things come to mind....

1) I personally removed it because it didn't do anything for me (good or bad).

2)
I upgraded 4 sites and found "odd" behaver with this installed on 1.2, but it could be an add-on conflict (didn't test it much & all 4 people were just quick to tell me to remove it).

3) The developer seems to be missing in action (as he's not been online since XenForo 1.1 - March 13)

Top Bottom