Alerts balloons after upgrade to 1.1

adgsteve

I upgraded just fine, everything is working good, but the Inbox and Alerts balloons keep popping up with 0 in them. Mouse over them and they go away, but click another page and they pop up again, everytime you change pages.
ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 06 15.47.webp

I wonder what changes he made that specifically caused the problem ?
What is the offending code ?

To be honest I haven't figured it out yet. Reverting navigation.css fixed the problem, I just haven't isolated what change caused it. Right now I'm working on 3 different sites(not all xenforo sites) so will figure it out when I get a chance.

The first thing that should be done after an upgrade is to revert outdated templates.

I am constantly surprised at how many people don't do this.

What are outdated templates and why do I need to revert them? Can't I just continue using the old ones?
If a template is changed between releases, i.e. from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1, and you have manually edited it, then it will be marked as outdated. This is done because the software doesn't automatically overwrite those templates, thereby causing certain functionality which you have added to be lost. It is an indication that the core code has changed and you need to take action. The software will continue to function with these outdated templates but you may be missing important updates and bug fixes so it is recommended to revert and reapply any edits.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455

I wonder what changes he made that specifically caused the problem ?
What is the offending code ?

I compared my old navigation.css file to the new one.... identical. However the template showed red as if it had been modified, and when I reverted it that fixed the problem. I didn't remember altering navigation.css at all, most of my work has been in EXTRA.CSS

I dunno..........

Top Bottom