Alerts Auto-refresh (AJAX)

Alerts Auto-refresh (AJAX) 1.0.2

No permission to download

Scandal

Scandal submitted a new resource:

Alerts Auto-refresh (AJAX) - AJAX auto-refresh of xF alerts and new conversations counters, with no page reload! Like facebook.

A simple but poweful tool for xF2.2!

This addon allows you to make your board more interactive.
An AJAX call is checking every x seconds (specified by admin) and auto-refreshes both notifications counter on your page (alerts and new conversation messages). :)

Enjoy!
P.T. (Scandal)

Read more about this resource...

It is not compatible with xF2.0 and xF2.1 (it is only for xF2.2), but if there is interesting, I could release a compatible version. ;)

What happen if you have multiple tabs open?

Does it work the same as...
This add-on tries to only use a single poller across multiple tabs for the same thread/conversation, and a single poller for grabbing user alerts & conversations counts updates.

Thanks.

What happen if you have multiple tabs open?

Does it work the same as...

Thanks.
Unfortunately, Live Content addon is paid and I don't have it on my dev board to check for conflicts.

Can you describe analyticallly where is the conflict / bug?

is it possible to remove the display of notifications when there are no new events or correspondences. Now it shows the number zero on a red background. Is it possible to remove it and not show it until events or correspondence appear?

is it possible to remove the display of notifications when there are no new events or correspondences. Now it shows the number zero on a red background. Is it possible to remove it and not show it until events or correspondence appear?
Try v1.0.1 release.

I was not able to replicate the bug, but I added some conditionals on the javascript code to prevent it.

Let me know how it goes. :)

It is not compatible with xF2.0 and xF2.1 (it is only for xF2.2), but if there is interesting, I could release a compatible version. ;)
Hi @Scandal,

Do you can release a compatible version with XF 2.1.x? I'm on 2.1.11 at the moment and your add-on seems very interesting.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
artscripts, that have been fixed on v1.0.1, but, could you inform me what browser did you use?
I had tested with Firefox and Chrome and hadn't got this issue.

Hi @Scandal,

Do you can release a compatible version with XF 2.1.x? I'm on 2.1.11 at the moment and your add-on seems very interesting.

Thanks in advance.
Ready!

artscripts, that have been fixed on v1.0.1, but, could you inform me what browser did you use?
I had tested with Firefox and Chrome and hadn't got this issue.
Now I can't say, one of the users complained to me, how will the time be, I will clarify the data with him

Now I can't say, one of the users complained to me, how will the time be, I will clarify the data with him
Could you ask about the browser he used? Just to replicate the bug so I can improve the addon.

The issue is that I applied a conditional so If the returned counter from the ajax call is zero, then do not update the badge red counter. The bad on this case is that a removed alert will not refresh the badge.
Example:
  • user Y react to a post of user X
  • user X who has open the forum page, will see live the (1) on his alerts. He still have open the window.
  • then user Y removes the reaction (for any reason he wants)
  • user X who still have open the window, will still see the (1). He has to refresh the page to see that no alerts.

It is not so good since I want the addon to fully refresh the alerts counter 100% (positive or negative way) and the ajax call can provide it with no extra server load.

I thought Xenforo can update the alert count automatically even without refreshing the page?

I thought Xenforo can update the alert count automatically even without refreshing the page?

sometimes its a bit of a shock what requires a third party addon, but until they can get around to it its nice at least to see people working on improving things....

we tested this for a short while now....on the latest 2.1

it works, but ive noticed it flashes a loading animation each time it checks.....any way to avoid that?

it works, but ive noticed it flashes a loading animation each time it checks.....any way to avoid that?
I see that as well. Would be nice if the add-on would not cause that animation to flash. It's only for a split second, but once you see it, you can't 'unsee' it lol.

Top Bottom