1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Alert/MP auto refresh on index page to view bubbles

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Betclever, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

Hello all,

Is there a way or add-on "if yes, which one?" to auto-refresh the index page to show alerts/PM bubbles?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Amaury likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Yes, please elaborate on what you wish to accomplish. I have no idea what it is you're asking or trying to ask.
  4. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

LOL guys, I'm sorry.
    I have no idea why I wrote "bulls"...

In fact, I wanted to say this => Bubble.
    You know, the bubble you can see when a private message arrives or an alert when someone quotes you or reply in a thread you follow,...

PS: I have corrected. Thanks for the remark. ;)

5. Chris D

That makes more sense :)

There's at least three of these add-ons that work very similarly. Here's one I wrote, but have a search around for some others that may be suitable:

That will periodically check for new messages, and alerts, and if it finds any, it will update the alert/conversation bulls (bubbles ;) ) and also display the count in the title of the browser tab or optionally as a red icon appearing over your favicon.

It works on any page, not just the index page.
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

I already have your add-on but nothing happens when a message arrives, I mean, when someone sends me a message, no bulls appears even with the delay set to 10 seconds.
    Is this normal or must I do something to apply the add-on on alert/PM instead favicon?
  7. Chris D

It should just work.

If you require support with that you would need to post in the add-on discussion thread.
  8. Betclever

Betclever Active Member

Thanks Chris, I have replied on that thread and hoping to get an answer. :)
  9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I did wonder what conversation bulls were. I thought it was some new alert type that was received when a conversation message contained bulls*** ;)
    Amaury likes this.