Alert Bubbles not showing over SWF header

SnG

I have a SWF (Flash) header, but the problem is the bubbles popup is not showing on top of the swf banner.

The alert bubbles, Profile popup, and everything in general will not show over the flash header banner.

Anyone know a way to make the alerts and pop ups to show above the flash banner?

The forum url is http://www.animepod.com/forums/

the last time tried doing something similar i found it impossible. that was quite a few years ago though, things may have changed.
you could try googling swf, z-index, css and the like and see what you can dig up. but i reckon it may be easier to alter the swf dimensions in a way to avoid that overlay.

heres a read that you may find useful

I have a SWF (Flash) header, but the problem is the bubbles popup is not showing on top of the swf banner.

The alert bubbles, Profile popup, and everything in general will not show over the flash header banner.

Anyone know a way to make the alerts and pop ups to show above the flash banner?

The forum url is http://www.animepod.com/forums/

I just dealt with that today - I ended up changing the margins of the alert bubble so that it sat in the middle of the navbar instead of atop it. I changed them to -8, 8 -- my navbar is 30px high. You might need to tinker with those numbers to suit yourself. It doesn't stand out as much as when it's above the navbar, but at least it all shows up that way. The template is navigation.css. I haven't noticed other stuff not showing up, but you can probably adjust their margins the same way.

Code:
/* Alert Balloons */

.navTabs .navLink .itemCount
{
    position: absolute;
    right: -8px;
    top: 8px;

Is there a way to put some space between the flash banner and the navigation bar?

I think if I put enough space between the flash banner and the navigation bar, that the alert bubble should show, then I will only have to worry about the other pop ups like the member cards. When you view people member cards it pop up behind the flash banner.

Is there a way to put some space between the flash banner and the navigation bar?

I think if I put enough space between the flash banner and the navigation bar, that the alert bubble should show, then I will only have to worry about the other pop ups like the member cards. When you view people member cards it pop up behind the flash banner.

I see what you mean now, I hadn't viewed anyone's member card and didn't notice that before. I can put in a space with a simple div tag but the space would have to be pretty high to accomodate the member card, so that's awkward. I guess the only solution is what Mike said, and Chrome users will just have to suffer.

Or, disable overlays/animation.

I see what you mean now, I hadn't viewed anyone's member card and didn't notice that before. I can put in a space with a simple div tag but the space would have to be pretty high to accomodate the member card, so that's awkward. I guess the only solution is what Mike said, and Chrome users will just have to suffer.

Or, disable overlays/animation.

Where can I add the div to add space between the banner and that bar where it show the alert bubble.

By the way, as it turns out, the SWF file will still hide the login area (at least, in Beta 3 - I haven't upgraded since then), just FYI. I was just using Flash for a Happy New Year header anyway, so I've given up trying to reconcile a Flash header with the rest of the code.

Top Bottom