Alert Balloon in menu dropdown. Remove?

Shelley

I'll just come out and say it and I'm sure there will be many that disagree but I honestly don't feel the alert after looking at it for a while in the menu serves any advantages. Since the alert is a couple of inches away in the navigation i just feel it's kind of overkill and out of place. Suggestion would be to remove it. I'll probably end up hiding it via css but thought I'd make the suggestion here.

Perhaps there's an advantage in it being there that I'm not aware of.

menu_alert.webp

Upvote 0
It's mostly an advantage as the inbox and alerts menus can be hidden if necessary (though admittedly, it happens much less frequently now that the hide order for the nav has changed).

It's mostly an advantage as the inbox and alerts menus can be hidden if necessary (though admittedly, it happens much less frequently now that the hide order for the nav has changed).

Ah right thanks Mike. I knew there must have been a good reason for it's implementation. It's no concern but i was wondering why now it makes sense.

I actually thought it was nice and would like to see it stay if possible. It can always be hidden with CSS and doesn't really take up any additional space.

I actually thought it was nice and would like to see it stay if possible. It can always be hidden with CSS and doesn't really take up any additional space.

Yeah, I'm not fussed I did exactly that earlier.

If it helps @Brogan & @Mike feel free to tag this and tag this suggestion as "rejected" since it's not really doing any harm sitting in the menu.

Top Bottom