MG 1.1 Albums vs categories?

BobHarbison

Can I move an album to a category? If so, how is that done? Or are they two totally different concepts?

It would be nice to keep things in albums, but also sort those albums by general category.

They are two different concepts, but in XF2 / XFMG2 you can create album categories which are categories that you can create albums in. These albums inherit the view permissions of the category they are in. The "personal albums" concept still exists in XFMG2 and they are albums which do not belong to a category but you can granularly control the privacy of them.

I thought that might be the case. Is there someplace in a manual that explains all this? I'm a bit confused though, since when I moved some photos from an album to a category, they no longer seem to be in an album. So is it an either one or the other type of thing? Sounds like what I'm seeing right now are a bunch of personal albums? (This is a gallery that was in Photopost, then lived in XenGallery for a couple of years and now I'm moving it to XFMG, so it's pretty much a confusing jumbled mess by now.

You’re still running XFMG 1 so yes you’ll only be able to use personal albums right now. You can’t have albums in categories in XFMG 1.

Top Bottom