1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 akamaihd.net?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Taxi, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Taxi

Taxi Member

I use Firefox and Noscript, so basically any web page I visit, I have to pick and choose which sites I want to allow scripts to run from on any given page.

Tonight, I noticed that my XenForo forum is popping up with the notice that there are scripts that are being blocked, from the site "akamaihd.net". I did a quick search of the page source and didn't see any reference to that site, so I'm assuming it must be in some server-side code somewhere, or somewhere else that I can't see directly in the source.

I noticed the same thing is happening here as well. Was there a recent change somewhere that now uses code from akamaihd.net?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Akamai is a huge content provider. It's not uncommon to see them used by web sites.

I do not see Akamai being used here on xenforo.com. What page is it? I have noscript.

3. Taxi

Taxi Member

I see it on any thread page, but not the list of threads, or the list of forums.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This thread does not have an akamai javascript resource.

5. Taxi

Taxi Member

For me it does.

Or, I suppose to be more precise I should say that NoScript thinks that there is a script from akamaihd.net being run on this thread.
    XF_NoScript.jpg

I don't think it's a big deal. I just pointed it out because it seemed new to me. I honestly still don't know what is going on, but as you said, akamaihd.net is a known entity, so I'm not too worried about it.

6. PyroM

PyroM Active Member

I have the same, even on this page: noscript in FF blocks content/scripts from akamaihd.net. There is no reference to akamaihd.net within the sourcecode. It happens on xenforo homepage, forums startpage an within threads, but not in forums listings - so everywhere, where the Twitter and Facebook button is included. Same happens on my own site, but only on the exact two pages, where a Facebook (no Twitter button there) button is included.

So, for me Facebook delivers content/scripting via akamaihd.net, which is a giant content provider. Nothing to be afraid of for the moment (trojan, virus, malware scripting...), but maybe in general, because that provider becomes too huge:

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/blackhat-lounge/580174-akamaihd-net-what-you.html